Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Felix Brause
Germany
Duisburg
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I don´t understand the fuzz about the game. At first I thought of it a little icky because of the theme... but then i saw that all that is known about this game as of yet is the cover and that it uses dice.
Why is everybody up in arms about it?
It is stated in the description that you´re an assistant in the club, not a stripper. So you probably try to use dice to meet demands (sexythings but probably also drinks and food and maybe some other strange things?) of customers. Maybe it does even have cubes
And there is no reason to think that the game is unfair to either women (and men) or the industry unfairly.
If you don´t want this game in your house with a young girl (or boy, men can strip too) then I would start checking their youtube history, because a lot of music videos are sexed up to the max these days. And don´t forget to cover their eyes during commercial breaks and near billboards.
ALSO: good to hear the opinion in the discussions, that women can do whatever they want... as long as they do what is in your definition of things they can do. So because you don´t want them stripping because you think it´s "bad". Stripping is evil and everything with it should be banned? Common.
The theme is "adult" but so is card against humanity and people play it with their parents and have fun.
Let´s talk about the game when we know more?
On the other side I know am interested in this game So if you want to boykott the game, you also shouldn´t generate buzz for the game. For every hater, 5 interested people will pop up ^^.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
MrCleanOr wrote:
I don´t understand the fuzz about the game. At first I thought of it a little icky because of the theme... but then i saw that all that is known about this game as of yet is the cover and that it uses dice.

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2009/feb/16/sex-object-ph...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/neal-samudre/6-things-we-lose-...

Rather than declaring you don't understand and doing a bunch of guesswork, research it yourself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Brause
Germany
Duisburg
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Oh I know the topic you´re talking about and I´m totally with you.
And as soon as the game proofs to be objectifying women and men I´m renouncing my interest. But alone from the cover I´m not sure if the game deserves all the hate it gets already.
I wouldn´t play a "be a pimp and rent out your hoes" game. But a strip club management game with cartoony graphics shouldn´t be reason to cry about the end of the morals in board games.

Also: Lap dance starts a conversation about sexism and sexist elements in board games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Yeah... I see what you did there.
mbmbmbmbmb
MrCleanOr wrote:
Oh I know the topic you´re talking about and I´m totally with you.
And as soon as the game proofs to be objectifying women and men I´m renouncing my interest. But alone from the cover I´m not sure if the game deserves all the hate it gets already.
I wouldn´t play a "be a pimp and rent out your hoes" game. But a strip club management game with cartoony graphics shouldn´t be reason to cry about the end of the morals in board games.

Also: Lap dance starts a conversation about sexism and sexist elements in board games.
Agreement here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Wood
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MrCleanOr wrote:
It is stated in the description that you´re an assistant in the club, not a stripper. So you probably try to use dice to meet demands (sexythings but probably also drinks and food and maybe some other strange things?) of customers. Maybe it does even have cubes
And there is no reason to think that the game is unfair to either women (and men) or the industry unfairly.
If you don´t want this game in your house with a young girl (or boy, men can strip too) then I would start checking their youtube history, because a lot of music videos are sexed up to the max these days. And don´t forget to cover their eyes during commercial breaks and near billboards.
ALSO: good to hear the opinion in the discussions, that women can do whatever they want... as long as they do what is in your definition of things they can do. So because you don´t want them stripping because you think it´s "bad". Stripping is evil and everything with it should be banned? Common.
The theme is "adult" but so is card against humanity and people play it with their parents and have fun.
On the other side I know am interested in this game So if you want to boykott the game, you also shouldn´t generate buzz for the game. For every hater, 5 interested people will pop up ^^.

I think it's funny that people are telling others not to get offended because all we know is the theme and we should wait for the mechanics. But you guys are defending the game without know the mechanics.

It seems like the people who are actually judging it on theme alone are more correct since it's the only thing we know thus far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Levy
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:
MrCleanOr wrote:

Rather than declaring you don't understand and doing a bunch of guesswork, research it yourself.

Are you crusading against Ca$h & Gun$, too? Because I can pull just as many news articles about gun violence. It's a bit hypocritical ...

So, a game about legal activity is worse than a game about illegal activity and violence. Huh. That's something to think about ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TheOriginalJwoo wrote:
MrCleanOr wrote:

I think it's funny that people are telling others not to get offended because all we know is the theme and we should wait for the mechanics. But you guys are defending the game without know the mechanics.

It seems like the people who are actually judging it on theme alone are more correct since it's the only thing we know thus far.

Actually most of us are saying wait till we know more before you condemn it. The theme alone doesn't warrant the accusations laid against it.

If the mechanics and content support mysoginistic view of things or it's not done in a respectful way I'll be the first to say they did things wrong.

The fact is at this point in time the publisher:

Has created a game about managing a strip club: Nothing wrong with this.
Attempted to create an equal opportunity cover: They might have done better but it's not a bad attempt by any means.
Has mentioned gender and sexual preference equality: More indication that they tried to create a game that caters to everyone whose into the theme.

I don't see what is sexist or mysoginist about the information we have now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Yeah... I see what you did there.
mbmbmbmbmb
jayntampa wrote:
Magic Pink wrote:
MrCleanOr wrote:

Are you crusading against Ca$h & Gun$, too? Because I can pull just as many news articles about gun violence. It's a bit hypocritical ...

So, a game about legal activity is worse than a game about illegal activity and violence. Huh. That's something to think about ...
thumbsupthumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.