Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Martin
United States
Fort Leavenworth
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any word on when the pledge manager will be available and whether late backing will be allowed?

I wrote Flying Frog a few weeks ago after seeing all the great GenCon coverage, got a nice automated response, but nothing since.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Briggs
United States
Farmington
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grim6 wrote:
Any word on when the pledge manager will be available and whether late backing will be allowed?

I wrote Flying Frog a few weeks ago after seeing all the great GenCon coverage, got a nice automated response, but nothing since.

Nope, not yet

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Esmanech
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
designer
Dystopian:the manhunt: a worker placement game of investigation, murder and mystery, set in the futuristic megapolis of DYSTOPIA
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dunno when the PM will be released, and I find it VERY frustrating that lots of people already bought the game (at GenCon), and us, the backers, still need to have it (but, even worst, still need to have the PM).

I find this VERY disrespectful from FlyingFrog, as WE, the backers, were the ones that supported the game, hence WE, the backers, were the ones that should have gotten the game, before anyone else.

OK, rant over…
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sid Rain
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
They posted on their Facebook page last week (9/4?) that everyone from the team was down from ConCrud after back-to-back conventions and would be posting an update within the next few days (should be any day now, X-fingers crossed-X). We're hoping that the pledge manager will go up soon since wave 1 shipping was supposedly starting late August, but we have no confirmation on that. The game itself is going on sale shortly after or concurrently with backer shipping within the next month to 3 months last I saw. As far as getting in on the Kickstarter expansions/options, your best bet is to ask someone to piggyback off of their pledge and sort out payment/shipping directly with them.

Otherwise, about the only thing that's supposedly Kickstarter-exclusive was the Outlaw class, but they may have even been giving that out at GenCon (minus the mini), so likely anything on the KS page will be available for sale around whenever wave 2 ships out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Martin
United States
Fort Leavenworth
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
paddirn wrote:
Otherwise, about the only thing that's supposedly Kickstarter-exclusive was the Outlaw class, but they may have even been giving that out at GenCon (minus the mini), so likely anything on the KS page will be available for sale around whenever wave 2 ships out.

What I think will really add long term value to the game is a wide variety of cool add-ins from the portals or other worlds, and it looks like the Stretch Goals deliver those in spades.

So all these stretches, like the Custodians of Targa, Undead Outlaw Gang, Harvestors, etc, will all be available eventually, but are not included in the retail core boxes - is that a good assumption?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Anderson
United States
seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Two Time Cancer Survivor - Never Give Up. Never Surrender. -Jason Nesmith from Galaxy Quest (1999 movie)
badge
Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions!
mbmbmbmbmb

I asked at Pax during a demo and they said the pledge manager will come out when it's ready. Which is as good as no answer at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
indeed Martin
all add-ons and stretch goals of the KS will not hit retail anytime soon but will be released bit by bit (the schedule is not yet determined, but the retail version would require more administrative work so will certainly be later to hit retail after wave 2).

only the KS-exclusive outlaw figure will/should never hit retail.

I think that theme-wise, there is still a lot of material that could be added to the game as the otherworlds potentially give unlimited possibilities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Angelsenior wrote:
all add-ons and stretch goals of the KS will not hit retail anytime soon but will be released bit by bit (the schedule is not yet determined, but the retail version would require more administrative work so will certainly be later to hit retail after wave 2).

Yes, I think the plan was to release all the stretch goals and add-ons in expansions over the next three years following backer fulfillment.

Quote:
only the KS-exclusive outlaw figure will/should never hit retail.

I'm pretty sure they've said the Outlaw will be available for purchase at some point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rubric wrote:
I'm pretty sure they've said the Outlaw will be available for purchase at some point.

I heard, though I cannot recall the source, that the Outlaw Hero class (sheet, cards, etc.) would be released to retail but not the miniature since that was a KS exclusive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb
SirRoke wrote:
Rubric wrote:

I heard, though I cannot recall the source, that the Outlaw Hero class (sheet, cards, etc.) would be released to retail but not the miniature since that was a KS exclusive.

Only quotes I can find are

November 21st
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1034852783/shadows-of-b...
Quote:
The Outlaw Hero Class and figure are exclusive to this KS, and can only be gotten by pledging at Outlaw Level or Higher.

October 29th
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1034852783/shadows-of-b...
Quote:
I believe you will be able to purchase extra outlaw figures but the rules/cards for the outlaw class won't be available after the KS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Silbernagel
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I asked via PM a little over a week ago if folks could join in the campaign when the pledge manager goes live. No reply as of yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got friends who want to "piggy back" with me (i.e. I'll buy more copies, they'll just pay me direclty). Would be nice if they could just join in...

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd ask to piggy back in the Seattle area (as I missed the KS by two months) but I figured at this point that's unlikely so haven't asked. Obviously I'm taking this chance to put it out there in case somebody, someday notices and someday they actually open the Pledge Manager and allow additions. You never know...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At this point, I think anyone who orders via the Pledge Manager will get their games long after retail does

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Crabtree
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been curious about this myself. While I was fortunate enough to get my copy of city of the ancients at gencon (I did not back the project given i had no clue it even existed until Gencon), I have tried to get ahold of FFP about a release schedule and possibility of getting in to the pledge manager to buy some add ons. I however did get a response from the customer service which pretty much indicated they had no clue about when to expect the release of any of the things posted on the kickstarter nor did they understand why no one was getting back to kickstarter PM's.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C B
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
flying
badge
dutchman
mbmbmbmbmb
fenrisrip25 wrote:
nor did they understand why no one was getting back to kickstarter PM's.

You've GOT to be kidding me!

FFP has lost any confidence or trust I've ever had in them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
ampoliros wrote:
fenrisrip25 wrote:

That's pretty standard for any company though. Customer service tend to be the bottom of the company and very rarely knows anything outside of replacement parts and the prices and availability products that are already in the distribution chain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Crabtree
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cormor321 wrote:
ampoliros wrote:
fenrisrip25 wrote:

That's pretty standard for any company though. Customer service tend to be the bottom of the company and very rarely knows anything outside of replacement parts and the prices and availability products that are already in the distribution chain.

Yeah this is pretty much what I took away from that email. I think we might just be in a state of things will be ready when they are ready type of thing. Also the disconnect between Customer service and Kickstarter makes sense because it isn't them running it in the first place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cormor321 wrote:
ampoliros wrote:
fenrisrip25 wrote:

This is a small company, like 5 people.

Jorune

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
ampoliros wrote:
fenrisrip25 wrote:

Cool, I know an aussie who will happily take over your pledge since you are done with the company.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cunningham
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did they really say they "had no clue"? Or were they just unable to give an exact date? I tend to suspect it's the latter in situations like this. I've been involved in kickstarters in which exact dates were given out...and then missed by even a few days. The resulting outcry makes me wonder why anyone would ever commit to exact dates in these situations.

Wave 1 stuff is shipping next week for domestic backers. Soon after for RoW. Pretty dang close to expected shipping dates.

Additionally, the Pledge Manager won't give you the ability to add anything to the wave 1 shipment anyway. It will only be for add ons which are coming later. FFP made this perfectly clear quite some time ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Taylor
Canada
Medicine Hat
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I really hope they open up the pledge manager to the public. I missed the first go and really want to jump in with an Outlaw pledge. I've contacted FFP and hope they get back to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Teng
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mb
I would be very, very grateful if someone allows me to piggbyback on their pledge as well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Belcher
United States
Lancaster
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bat395 wrote:
I really hope they open up the pledge manager to the public. I missed the first go and really want to jump in with an Outlaw pledge.

God, me too. Ill beg to piggyback too, if that ends up being the only option(or even an option at all.)

I already grabbed both base games at PAX, even. I thought it would satisfy me... but it only made it worse! yuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hear you. I only got Swamps at PAX (they were out of the other) and am addicted. More!

I went as far as to email them asking if I could be a late backer at Seattle's pick up event Saturday but no response. Sigh.

Guess I'll wait for retail. Thank goodness it'll all come out eventually. Maybe by then my addiction will wane.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.