Shadowrun: Crossfire» Forums » Rules

Subject: Simple question about "Revealing" cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Fernandes
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple of situations came up in my last game concerning Revealing cards from your deck. The answers might be simple/obvious but I thought I would ask in case the answer is not what I would expect.

The "Deathtouch" card says to "Reveal the top 3 cards of your deck...", the question is what if you deck does not have three cards in it, do you shuffle your discards so you can reveal 3?

The "Press the Advantage" card says basically "Reveal cards from your deck until you find two that match, then draw those cards up to but not including the last match." If you don't find any matches in your deck, do you shuffle your discard pile to continue revealing? What if there are no matches to the cards you have in your deck, do you collect everything or nothing?

Thanks, I am sure to have more questions as we play more.
Kevin F.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Hall
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yes, if you ever need to pull or reveal cards and there aren't any in your deck you shuffle your discard pile to make a new deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Page 18 of the rules specifically says this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Fernandes
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually remember reading this and saying to myself that "this is a strange place to put this" - it just seemed like an after thought when it was put into to this section.

So given this, shuffle as necessary when revealing cards. As for the "Press the Advantage" card, if you don't find a match in your deck, even after shuffling any discards, I would assume this means that the action fails and you do not get to draw any cards at all?

What order would the cards go back (in this case) or just reshuffle all of them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McCarthy
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KevinFernandes wrote:
As for the "Press the Advantage" card, if you don't find a match in your deck, even after shuffling any discards, I would assume this means that the action fails and you do not get to draw any cards at all?

What order would the cards go back (in this case) or just reshuffle all of them?
I think you found another FAQ entry for us.

With Press the Advantage, if your deck runs out of cards before you find a duplicate, put all the revealed cards into your hand. The intention is simply that you get at most one card of each color, and the first duplicate color card must be returned to the top of your deck. If the deck runs out first, you never find the card that you're supposed to put back, and you draw the rest (all of them).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Fernandes
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SevenSpirits wrote:
I think you found another FAQ entry for us.

With Press the Advantage, if your deck runs out of cards before you find a duplicate, put all the revealed cards into your hand. The intention is simply that you get at most one card of each color, and the first duplicate color card must be returned to the top of your deck. If the deck runs out first, you never find the card that you're supposed to put back, and you draw the rest (all of them).
WhooHooo!! A FAQ item

This has been a really fun game so far, even though the majority of our runs are ending in failure
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runar Dankel
Norway
Oslo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the game. Played 37 times in under a month. But this makes less sense to me. Why have a seperat ruling for Press the advantage? All other cards makes you shuffle the discard if you are to reveal cards. So a special rule for a single card makes it harder to play.

EDIT:
I was mistaken, it works the same way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McCarthy
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Press the Advantage does that too. The above corner case is what to do with Press the Advantage when your deck runs you and you shuffle your discard pile and your deck runs out again. Sorry if only replying to Kevin's second question and not the first (which is, as pointed out, answered in the rulebook) was confusing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runar Dankel
Norway
Oslo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah! Thanks. Was getting confused. My bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls