Subject: Can the merchandise tokens placed randomly? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Péter Muhi
Hungary
Kecskemét
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm wondering, would it really mess up the game if the tokens weren't placed according to the rules?

Anybody tried this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I think this would mess up the game, as the setup is designed to give people incentives for certain cities.

When you say random, do you mean moving the stacks around and keeping the order the same, or completely randomizing the order of the stacks. The latter would be a complete disaster, as they whole point of decreasing values is to encourage people to build those links sooner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Péter Muhi
Hungary
Kecskemét
flag msg tools
mbmb
cheng wrote:

When you say random, do you mean moving the stacks around and keeping the order the same, or completely randomizing the order of the stacks. The latter would be a complete disaster, as they whole point of decreasing values is to encourage people to build those links sooner.

I meant putting the stacks on random cities at the start (but keeping the decreasing values).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.