mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
How often do 2 forbid intrigues get played on the same day? Since the only card that you should play on locations as a protagonist is forbid intrigue, wouldn't you know not to play another one, even if communication is set to "off"?

Perhaps there are specific scripts that make it possible?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
mfl134 wrote:
How often do 2 forbid intrigues get played on the same day? Since the only card that you should play on locations as a protagonist is forbid intrigue, wouldn't you know not to play another one, even if communication is set to "off"?

Perhaps there are specific scripts that make it possible?

never mind. missed that intrigue can go on characters as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Overholser
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a feeling the rule may be in place less to punish players for not planning with each other, and more to prevent players from using multiple Forbid Intrigue cards in the same day. If the protagonists suspect that an intrigue card was played but aren't sure where, it would be too easy to simply play forbid intrigue on multiple Mastermind cards. Limiting them to one per day means the protagonists have to know which of the mastermind's cards is intrigue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
As you say, intrigue can be played on persons aswell. So if communication is set to "off", the protagonists won't know whether another protagonist played the forbid intrigue card or not. The rule is there because it would be too powerful for the protagonists to be able to block intrigue in 2 locations on the same go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does everyone basically just use a convention like leader should always have the option or last protagonist?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
Depends on the group, I expect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.