Dead of Winter: A Crossroads Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: survivor added card goes to waste pile? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason

Las Vegas
Nevada
msg tools
When playing an 'add survivor' card, is that card then put in the waste pile? We had a debate going because those cards didn't have 'waste' written on them. Is it safe to say *every* card played other than a crisis contribution goes to the waste pile?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Kempf
United States
Jefferson City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If it says Waste it goes to the waste pile, if it doesn't, it gets discarded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason "J.T." Taylor
United States
North Highlands
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vacabck wrote:
If it says Waste it goes to the waste pile, if it doesn't, it gets discarded.

THIS. The cards that go into waste will say, Waste: [Power]. Or another way to look at it, In order to take advantage of this power, put this in the waste pile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JonnyRotten
United States
Montpelier
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also think that it says in the instructions somewhere that Event cards are removed from the game when played. I don't have a copy handy to quote it though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Bass
United States
Venice
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
p. 10 wrote:
Play a Card: As many times as he likes during his turn, a player may play a card from his hand. To play a card, place it on top of the waste pile. When an event item card is played it is not placed in the waste pile, instead remove it from the game.
Note: This is from the rulebook that comes with the game. However the current pdf of the rules on the Plaid Hat site does not have the last sentence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason

Las Vegas
Nevada
msg tools
Thanks, that's it. I don't like to get my real rulebooks wrinkly. Usually it's the other way around, where the PDF has the newer updated rules

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jflatt wrote:
Thanks, that's it. I don't like to get my real rulebooks wrinkly. Usually it's the other way around, where the PDF has the newer updated rules

They released the PDF weeks (maybe months) before the game was shipped so that may have something to do with the in game copy being more up to date.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Borg
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the pdf that is online I can't find anything specificly connected to Event cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Coleman
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Though having deceased characters in your waste pile makes the cleaning action a bit more important, for everyone's health...having all those dead bodies outside your bunks.gulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JonnyRotten
United States
Montpelier
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That used to happen (everything went into the waste pile, including survivor cards).

The janitor also had the ability to put the top card of the discard pile.

Until one day the library burned down. There was a dead survivor from it (Survivor cards used to be directly in the location deck). The player with the janitor said something creepy along the lines of "Oh... Look what I found in the waste..." as he picked up the dead survivor.

That's why we can't have anything nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.