GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,409 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Galaxy Defenders» Forums » General

Subject: Token rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Davis
United States
Royal Oak
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm about to start Mission 2. On the Space map there is a hex with a starburst and a door. There is also a token with similar artwork. What is it, and what is its effect. Also, could someone point me to a place in the Rulebook or Storybook where this is described? I keep looking through the books and can't find it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're talking about the blue starburst with a door icon on it, those are "teleport" style doors (I'm not sure where I got this name from; I think it might have been mentioned by someone on the forums somewhere). They act just like normal doors and block LOS, except instead of being adjacent to the door to see through it, you have to have your agent on top of the door hex. Ruleswise, they are mentioned as an aside on page 9 in section 5.1 of the rulebook (though not by that name; they are merely described as a door on a hex there).

The tokens allow you to add doors to the map to move between otherwise discrete areas (Mission 2 does this to create a double doorway instead of a single door into the ship).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Hiob
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Skaak wrote:
If you're talking about the blue starburst with a door icon on it, those are "teleport" style doors (I'm not sure where I got this name from; I think it might have been mentioned by someone on the forums somewhere).

That's easily explained: look at the rulebook, page 5 In the components list, right column, 5th point from the bottom, it says: "3 Door Teleport Hexes Overlays". So that might be where the name comes from
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Davis
United States
Royal Oak
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Skaak, Dom, thank you. In Mission 2, the 2 Teleport Doors are adjacent, but in Missions 4 and 5, the a couple of Teleport Doors are separated by several hexes. Since these are "teleport" doors, can Agents or aliens teleport between doors?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Romano
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi agent,
nope they work as a standard doors in most of the missions, unless noted in the mission special rules cool

Agent S.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Davis
United States
Royal Oak
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, Simone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.