GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,384 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: I need your help, fellow Geeks. Does this game exist? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: identify [+] [View All]
Enrique Carro
Spain
La Coruña
La Coruña
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everybody. Some years ago (more than I like to admit) a friend of mine showed us an Star Trek card game that I really liked. The problem is that none of the Star Trek games here in the database seem to be the one I remember.
Each player used a deck with cards of the three factions (Federation, Klingon, Romulan), that included character cards and events. I think that the goal was to reach a destination card, avoiding the attacks of your enemies, but I don't remember.

Perhaps I'm talking about the Decipher CCG, but the card artwork is not as I remember it, I reckon that each card included the symbol of the faction. Besides, I don't remember dilemmas or missions.

Can you help me, friends? Does a game like this exist?

Thank you so much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
added to geeklist:
Stump the Chumps@BGG!
which has other games for which identification help has been sought.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Urich
United States
Stuart
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you bought cards to add to your deck, it may have been one of the Bandai deck building games for Star Trek.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Jurney
United States
Tooele
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The decipher CCG had what you are describing. The main point of the game was to score 100 points. You could do this by completing missions and sometimes by attacking enemy ships (I believe this was introduced with he Borg). Each mission had a certain number of dilemmas that you had to pass by having personal with the rights skills, strength, intelligence, etc. this is the only Star Trek game I can think of that would have been out several years ago, but I could be wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enrique Carro
Spain
La Coruña
La Coruña
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
@herace: Thank you for adding me to the list. I hope it's useful.

@RichardU: Thank you for your contribution, but the game I'm talking about is way older. It's been perhaps 15 years since I played, hence the hazy description...

@jurney85: Thank you for the idea, I'll check again, just in case something clicks...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Watson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Definitely sounds like ST:CCG 1st edition. The original starter set had the Federation, Klingon and Romulan affiliations -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek_Customizable_Card_Gam...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Baker
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep in mind that there were two different "editions" of the ST CCG. The original edition ran for many years but eventually became rather unwieldy. Decipher rebooted the game with a new card design and modified rules. Some of the second edition cards were backwards compatible with the first edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Taylor
United Kingdom
Epping
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jurney85 wrote:
The decipher CCG had what you are describing. The main point of the game was to score 100 points. You could do this by completing missions and sometimes by attacking enemy ships (I believe this was introduced with he Borg).

No, attacking your opponent's ships was in the game from the start. There were restrictions in that the Federation couldn't attack except in retaliation (or they had a card that specifically allowed them to) and the Romulans couldn't attack other Romulan ships. Klingons could attack whoever they liked .

(Not taking joy in correcting you, just clarifying in case it stimulates the OP's memory a little).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Ellis

Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmb
There is a wealth of information on both the first and second edition of the Decipher Star Trek CCG at http://www.trekcc.org/.

Boxes of booster packs can be had dirt cheap as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Jurney
United States
Tooele
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
piemasteruk wrote:
jurney85 wrote:
The decipher CCG had what you are describing. The main point of the game was to score 100 points. You could do this by completing missions and sometimes by attacking enemy ships (I believe this was introduced with he Borg).

No, attacking your opponent's ships was in the game from the start. There were restrictions in that the Federation couldn't attack except in retaliation (or they had a card that specifically allowed them to) and the Romulans couldn't attack other Romulan ships. Klingons could attack whoever they liked .

(Not taking joy in correcting you, just clarifying in case it stimulates the OP's memory a little).

Thanks, what I meant was that attacking ships didnt give the other player points, but that this was introduced with the Borg. Attacking was always a part of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enrique Carro
Spain
La Coruña
La Coruña
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just bought in eBay a combo box of starters and boosters of Decipher's Second Edition. Watching the images of the cards I remembered: The cards from my past had that square in the middle with each Character's abilities.

I really think this is it, now.

Thank you a lot, pals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.