David Bush
United States
Radiant
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use Google Chrome version 37 under Linux Mint Debian. I use the ScriptSafe. Here is a list of what resources it is blocking and which ones it allows:

I recently posted in a forum, only to discover that the word "loock" (spelled without a c) which I added in two places, was removed from both. I edited them back in and they were promptly removed. So I substitued synonyms.

I believe there is some off-site resource, probably in the above list, which wants to turn all instances of this word into a link to YouTube downloader or something like that. Maybe the admins are trying to stop it? Or maybe some resource I have blocked or allowed is to blame?

Just a bit of weirdness I thought I should report. Carry on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Look, i can look around all i want. So it's at your end, not BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Holger Doessing
Denmark
Odense
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Look look look. No problem here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
flag msg tools
       This space              intentionally              left blank.
badge
I'd check your installed extensions. Half the domains in that list don't show up for me when loading a bgg page, so I suspect one of your extensions is injecting code into the page which is causing this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone should look into this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Browes
United Kingdom
London
Tooting
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While the issue is being investigated, you should regard it as an opportunity to expand your vocabulary with some synonyms. Gaze upon this link:

http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/look
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Shouldn't "disable extensions" be higher on the debugging priority list than "write a forum post"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Sterckx
Belgium
Vilvoorde
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

It's perfectly normal that BGG bans the use of the word "look" - it's Dutch for "garlic" and everyone knows how that can quickly stink up the place
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler
United States
Gainesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interociter wrote:
While the issue is being investigated, you should regard it as an opportunity to expand your vocabulary with some synonyms. Gaze upon this link:

Anyone else find it ironic that the word "browse" appears in the URL for the thesaurus entry on "look," but not in the actual text of the thesaurus entry on "look?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CptWilly wrote:
Interociter wrote:

Anyone else find it ironic that the word "browse" appears in the URL for the thesaurus entry on "look," but not in the actual text of the thesaurus entry on "look?"

Curiously, if you swap "look" and "browse" in the URL, then "look" shows up on the browsed page:

www.thesaurus.com/look/browse

whistle
We're sorry. The page you're looking for can't be found.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.