Mage Knight Board Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Reshuffling deed deck on 1st turn of a round. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
m Vlad
Romania
flag msg tools
mb
How about,after drawing your cards if unhappy with the draw, shuffling the cards back into the deck and drawing four other cards(instead of five -depending on the level of your character)

Only in the first turn of each round you may have this option.

I love the game,wouldn't change anything about it but this.

I haven't done this yet, I was curious about what others would think.I believe there isn't something gamebreaking(although drawing 4 cards could change the pace a little).I would say that drawing five and then discarding one is actually better. The only random(luck) thing is the first turn of each round since, after that,you start knowing what you're gonna get(if you know your deck and you should)

I'd be happy to know what you think about this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Coe
United Arab Emirates
Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi
flag msg tools
I like cats...
badge
...but I usually can't finish a whole one.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you should try it to see how it works for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't like the idea much, as for me part of the strategy is trying to end a round in a position that gives me at least two good options next round out of move/fight/influence. It also benefits the leader(s) more than anyone else, effectively giving everyone the option to take a kind of Rethink even if a player lower on the Fame track takes it.

But if it works for you, go for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
m Vlad
Romania
flag msg tools
mb
I don't think I'd consider it useful in any round but the first day, and I thought of it because, if you can't move and you're playing competitively there's a big loss right from the start if the opponent has enough.

It is true,I forgot about rethink which allows you to do just that. If I'd ever use it it would be on the first day when playing competitively.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip
Canada
Moncton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mvl4d wrote:
I don't think I'd consider it useful in any round but the first day, and I thought of it because, if you can't move and you're playing competitively there's a big loss right from the start if the opponent has enough.

It is true,I forgot about rethink which allows you to do just that. If I'd ever use it it would be on the first day when playing competitively.

Rethink and great start gives you some nice options to find movement cards in your hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.