Kamil Rogowski
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Hi. After few plays we have problem with some ambiguous situations:

1. Does Cavil have 3 actions in one turn when he use his special ability?
2. When cylon dies he go to ressurection ship, where is printed Action: draw Super Crisis. When he can use this action? Player can stay there longer to take more Super Crisis in his next rounds? When he is obligated to leave this field? Do known cylons (from start) can take Super Crisis after ending infiltration?
3. When reveling loyality cards after player execution, Final Five cards and Task cards are resolved with effect?

Sorry for translation bugs, I don't have game in English.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ossian Grr aka "Josh"
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes, Cavil takes 2 actions during his Movement step (instead of Moving), and then gets his regular action.

2. This depends on which expansion you're using. It sounds like you're using the Pegasus (or Daybreak) overlay. In this case, yes you can sit there for as long as you want, but the Resurrection Ship is a "Hazardous Location", so you can't go back there.

2a. If you are a Cylon Leader and you end your Infiltration, then you go back to the Resurrection Ship and yes you can draw Super Crises there if you really want to. It's generally not a good strategy since you have better things to do.

3. They have no effect ("Task" = "Personal Goal" in English, I assume).
Final Five loyalties only trigger when someone looks at your Loyalty Card (like with Baltar's OPG). Edit: Oh right, as wcboy18 reminds me below, they do have the "everybody discards" effect as-printed on the card.
Personal Goal resource-loss only happens at the end of the game.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes, he does. 2 Actions instead of Movement, then 1 normal Action.
2. The Cylon could use the Resurrection Ship to draw a card the next time he has an action (usually on his turn). There is no obligation to leave the space, so he could stay and draw each turn if he was willing to accept the loss of all but one card of his draw. Cylon Leaders do not draw a Super Crisis each time they end their Infiltration.
3. On execution, Final Five cards trigger their execution effect (everyone discards 2 cards). Personal goal cards do not trigger any effects upon execution.
3 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
wcboy18 wrote:
1. Yes, he does. 2 Actions instead of Movement, then 1 normal Action.
2. The Cylon could use the Resurrection Ship to draw a card the next time he has an action (usually on his turn). There is no obligation to leave the space, so he could stay and draw each turn if he was willing to accept the loss of all but one card of his draw. Cylon Leaders do not draw a Super Crisis each time they end their Infiltration.
3. On execution, Final Five cards trigger their execution effect (everyone discards 2 cards). Personal goal cards do not trigger any effects upon execution.

I wish they could've just written that on the FF cards themselves, but....
Even though the card says all players are subject to FF effects, revealed cylons and any Cylon Leader that's NOT infiltrating is immune to FF effects.

Exodus page 11 rules
Quote:
If the Final Five Loyalty Card is revealed as a result of an
execution, the player who was dealt the card resolves the text
on the card and then returns the card to the box. Note that,
as with Crisis Cards and skill checks, revealed Cylon players
are not affected by the abilities on Final Five Loyalty Cards.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kamil Rogowski
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Thank you!

Yes, I mean Personal Goal, not Task


About Cavil. It's overpowered! Assuming he went on proper field in previous turn... e.g. if humans have centurion on galactica he can end game in one turn activating 3x heavy raiders or he can choose 3x dmg to galactica from cylon basestar field or even execute 3x crisis for them (probably leaving without cards for the other crisis cards)... devil
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janne
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
gorkyx wrote:
Thank you!

Yes, I mean Personal Goal, not Task


About Cavil. It's overpowered! Assuming he went on proper field in previous turn... e.g. if humans have centurion on galactica he can end game in one turn activating 3x heavy raiders or he can choose 3x dmg to galactica from cylon basestar field or even execute 3x crisis for them (probably leaving without cards for the other crisis cards)... devil


Wasn't this recently discussed that each cylon ship is only once activated per turn, so does it also affect centurions?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
gorkyx wrote:
About Cavil. It's overpowered!

Cavil is a Cylon Leader. He does not primarily want to destroy Humans, sometimes he even wants Humans to win, depending on his Motives. He primarily wants to fulfill his Motives. When he has three or all four Motives finished (or pending to be revealed at the end of the game), then he might be able to or need to pick a side and help that side win.

His skill draw is also not that wonderful.

I have actually decided to play as Cavil when I next get to play CL. I have played as D'Anna at least twice, as Athena 3+ times, and as Caprica Six (with Baltar in the game), possibly as Simon too.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jhsa wrote:
gorkyx wrote:
About Cavil. It's overpowered! Assuming he went on proper field in previous turn... e.g. if humans have centurion on galactica he can end game in one turn activating 3x heavy raiders or he can choose 3x dmg to galactica from cylon basestar field or even execute 3x crisis for them (probably leaving without cards for the other crisis cards)... devil


Wasn't this recently discussed that each cylon ship is only once activated per turn, so does it also affect centurions?


The recent FAQ release included that ruling, which was rapidly reversed - the intent of the ruling was to make it clear that you couldn't do the fun trick where on the game's first Crisis, resolving a Raider activation icon the current player chooses to activate the sector in front of Galactica, and proceed clockwise, activating the same three Raiders in each Sector, ending up with 2 dead civilians and 1 shot at Galactica. The current ruling is that each Cylon ship can only be activated once by a given activation icon or Cylon Fleet action.


Cavil's a slightly odd character - he has some very powerful abilities, but they don't help much for satisfying Agendas - and they're still not great for Motives either...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Smit
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
My apologies to the admin. I'd flagged this as "wrong forum", thinking it should be in the Pegasus forum, but it includes details from Exodus as well, so it should be right here in the parent game's forum.

I can't find a way to "undo/unclick" the "wrong forum" button. Anyone know how?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
GerryRailBaron wrote:
but it includes details from Exodus as well, so it should be right here in the parent game's forum.

Actually, then this should be in Exodus. I think the appropriate place is to always associate with latest expansion you include, unless the topic is very expansion-specific with only inconsequential things from other expansions.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rmsgrey wrote:
jhsa wrote:
Wasn't this recently discussed that each cylon ship is only once activated per turn, so does it also affect centurions?

The recent FAQ release included that ruling, which was rapidly reversed - the intent of the ruling was to make it clear that you couldn't do the fun trick where on the game's first Crisis, resolving a Raider activation icon the current player chooses to activate the sector in front of Galactica, and proceed clockwise, activating the same three Raiders in each Sector, ending up with 2 dead civilians and 1 shot at Galactica. The current ruling is that each Cylon ship can only be activated once by a given activation icon or Cylon Fleet action.
I've always thought if the humans could chain XOs, then they should be able to chain raider activations like this cool


a1bert wrote:
gorkyx wrote:
About Cavil. It's overpowered!

Cavil is a Cylon Leader. He does not primarily want to destroy Humans, sometimes he even wants Humans to win, depending on his Motives. He primarily wants to fulfill his Motives. When he has three or all four Motives finished (or pending to be revealed at the end of the game), then he might be able to or need to pick a side and help that side win.

His skill draw is also not that wonderful.

I have actually decided to play as Cavil when I next get to play CL. I have played as D'Anna at least twice, as Athena 3+ times, and as Caprica Six (with Baltar in the game), possibly as Simon too.
rmsgrey wrote:
Cavil's a slightly odd character - he has some very powerful abilities, but they don't help much for satisfying Agendas - and they're still not great for Motives either...


Most of the Agendas require resource manipulation, so he's going to want to dabble in that before triple spamming heavies. Similar for Motives.

Concerning his special, it's not that practical half the time either. You can use it to get the population ones, help with Food and Morale as a longshot via Gally and civvy damage, but otherwise, using it to generally slow down the humans so that other ducks line up could help ensure Motives and Agendas are met.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.