Subject: Laser and "unoccupied space" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chad Denton
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hero Card A Laser has a power that let's you move to any unoccupied space but we could not find the definition in the book of unoccupied. We were playing the Not So Funhouse mission and decided that unoccupied meant that the space couldn't have a mirror token in it - mostly to keep Fancy Laser from smashing all the mirrors. Is this the correct interpretation?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mel Primus
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unoccupied is certainly any space with no hero, villain or minion in it.

But as for whether an event token such as a mirror or piece of trash also makes a space occupied, I am not sure. As broken as it might seem to you, I would personally rule that Laser can move to a mirror with his Superpower. It's powerful, sure, but as a rival, you'd know that, and your strategy should be to either try to get your two mirrors as soon as possible or simply ignore the mirrors all together. Find other headlines that you can get quickly and that should more than make up for it.

If Travis drops in and rules differently on this, of course I'll take the word of the designer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Little
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 18 right column, gray box. An unoccupied space is a space without a hero, villain, minion, or event token.

So you got it right!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mel Primus
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Or Nick!

Little gray box? I musta missed that one.

Thanks, Fancy Beard!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Little
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Anytime, citizen!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Denton
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you! I had sworn that I had seen it described that way somewhere but then when I went to look for it couldn't find anthing in the rules. Glad to know it's there and I just missed it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casius Bane
msg tools
So... What about Action Laser? If I use Laser to go more than 4 spaces from where I started do I get my superpower back from action?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Little
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
As long as that space is 4 or more spaces away, you would be able to do retrieve you Superpower. Action Laser can just jump all around the board KO'ing underlings or chasing the villain as long as there are open spaces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casius Bane
msg tools
@Nick- Thanks! I wasn't sure since Laser's ability doesn't move based on number of spaces. This makes for another interesting combo!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.