GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,656 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So the CDC says this virus has popped up mysteriously around the Midwest. I wonder if this is related to the dumping of illegal aliens around the country? I'm sure the most transparent administration in history will tell us where all these kids went. Yeah sure they will. If these two events wind up being related, all I can say is screw you Obama.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If these two events don't wind up being related, all you can say is screw you Obama.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
Why would they be? I doubt more than two families besides my own were in the US legally in the part of Texas I grew up in. Your bigoted nonsense is just that-- bigoted nonsense. No doubt exists in my mind that those people I knew in Texas contributed a whole hell of a lot more to the good of the US than you do. They risked their lives to come and build a new life with opportunities for their children. The had a vested and very personal interest in the well-being of their new country.

What the hell has a bigoted moron like yourself ever done to compare to that? (and yes I've heard of Henry Ford and Walt Disney.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:
Why would they be? I doubt more than two families besides my own were in the US legally in the part of Texas I grew up in. Your bigoted nonsense is just that-- bigoted nonsense. No doubt exists in my mind that those people I knew in Texas contributed a whole hell of a lot more to the good of the US than you do. They risked their lives to come and build a new life with opportunities for their children. The had a vested and very personal interest in the well-being of their new country.

What the hell has a bigoted moron like yourself ever done to compare to that? (and yes I've heard of Henry Ford and Walt Disney.)

How in earth is it bigoted nonsense to wonder if the recent hoards of illegal aliens dumped around the country could have brought disease with them? Fuck you for calling me a bigot for wondering if the government is endangering my kids. You seriously make me wonder if I should keep thinking that the US should help out Israel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
whac3 wrote:

How in earth is it bigoted nonsense to wonder if the recent hoards of illegal aliens dumped around the country could have brought disease with them? Fuck you for calling me a bigot for wondering if the government is endangering my kids. You seriously make me wonder if I should keep thinking that the US should help out Israel.

I personally doubt you are capable of much in the way of thought.

What's bigoted is the idea that illegal aliens might somehow endanger you or your kids. It is a stereotype of them as dirty and diseased. That's pure Nativist thinking straight from the Know-Nothings. I believe Darilian was addressing another user about that, but if the shoe fits...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Watson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Unless the illegal immigrants in the US have a habit of popping into existence fully formed, I'd suspect not. Otherwise the 'mystery virus' would be a non-mysterious virus found in other parts of the world, particularly those where said immigrant population originated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are fucking stupid. Diseases exist that don't care about race. People can have a disease. It's not bigoted to point that out you fucking retard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
How in earth is it bigoted nonsense

Well, let's break it down for you:

TheDashi wrote:
...to wonder if the recent hoards of illegal aliens dumped around the country...

That isn't a thing that has happened, or is happening, and only "bigoted morons" think so.

IE., by merely stating that as something you think is a fact, you are self-selecting yourself into that group.

(Other things that are not actually happening: hidden FEMA camps being set up everywhere, government cover-ups of UFOs, the United States being disbanded to be controlled by the UN, Illuminati/Freemasons/Skull and Bones secret control over governments, Reptile-men disguising themselves as humans and controlling the world, covert Papal societies hiding the means to immortality from the masses, etc...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Henry
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind—Einstein
mbmbmbmbmb
Mexico's vaccination rates are much higher than the U.S.'s. How about being worried about us giving measles or pertussis to the immigrants?

Edit: And maybe more relevant, they're also higher in Honduras, Guatemala, and El Salvador.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
... Fuck it, I was going to post a rebuttal to the OP, but this premise is so fucking stupid it doesn't deserve one. Grow up and learn about how the world actually works dude.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It's not "mysterious", the reason for the sudden uptick in cases is what's unknown. It's an enterovirus that has been rarely found in the US since the 60's.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You all NEVER cease to amaze. Asking if its possible that a virus was brought here by the illegal aliens that are being shipped around the country, and that makes me racist, and not knowing how the world works. It semems to me that liberals are the ones that view many things in a microcosm.
Thank you though, now I understand why ebola will NEVER EVER get into the US across the southern border, I get it now, because THAT would be racist.

Thanks for enlightening me.

Im pretty sure the world is far more complicated than liberals like to think. But what do I know, Im just a racist that wondered if a virus came from across the border. Man, I am such a hater.
SHIT, I NEED TO SELL MY NBA TEAM.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
whac3 wrote:

I know, right? The nerve of some people to question "illegal = filthy"

It's almost like people don't understand that if you aren't American, you're riddled with disease. Don't worry, man, I got your back on this. Assuming you've washed your back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gelrod wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
So the CDC says this virus has popped up mysteriously around the Midwest. I wonder if this is related to the dumping of illegal aliens around the country? I'm sure the most transparent administration in history will tell us where all these kids went. Yeah sure they will. If these two events wind up being related, all I can say is screw you Obama.

Rush Limbaugh or Fox News must have started spouting this bullshit last night or this morning because this is literally the third or fourth time I've heard it speculated today and it's complete and utter nonsense. I'm neutral on illegal immigration policy, but fall very heavily into the "anti-stupidity" category and this is the dumbest thing I've heard in a month.

Now that is an interesting question - getting to "patient zero" in this idiotic-story-outbreak.

Near as I can tell, this is the article that started it (posted yesterday, including using Dashi's exact wording of "dumping illegals")...possibly by gluing together this article (immigrants bringing diseases across the border!) with this article (new virus in midwest hospitalizing HUNDREDS OF CHILDREN - HIED UR FAMBLEES!!!).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
So the CDC says this virus has popped up mysteriously around the Midwest. I wonder if this is related to the dumping of illegal aliens around the country?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Admiral Thrawn
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
XanderF wrote:
...Illuminati/Freemasons/Skull and Bones secret control over governments...

Hey, hey now, have you even SEEN the back of the dollar bill??? Scary stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
einsteinidahosu wrote:
XanderF wrote:
...Illuminati/Freemasons/Skull and Bones secret control over governments...

Hey, hey now, have you even SEEN the back of the dollar bill??? Scary stuff.

Does it depict illegal immigrants? I'm not allowed to worry about it unless it does.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Parsons
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
You are fucking stupid. Diseases exist that don't care about race. People can have a disease. It's not bigoted to point that out you fucking retard.

Please stop being such a dickhead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
damiangerous wrote:
It's not "mysterious", the reason for the sudden uptick in cases is what's unknown. It's an enterovirus that has been rarely found in the US since the 60's.

I was wondering when someone was going to point this out to Mr. Raving Paranoia.

Oh look, EV-D68 was seen last year in the United States and this year in various parts of the world. Over the years, clusters have been reported in Georgia, Pennsylvania, Arizona and various countries including the Philippines, Japan and the Netherlands.

But keep fighting the good fight, Dashi.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
she2 wrote:
damiangerous wrote:

I was wondering when someone was going to point this out to Mr. Raving Paranoia.

Oh look, EV-D68 was seen last year in the United States and this year in various parts of the world. Over the years, clusters have been reported in Georgia, Pennsylvania, Arizona and various countries including the Philippines, Japan and the Netherlands.

He's not paranoid, he's just man enough to ask the tough questions. Barb would appreciate this kind of swagger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
she2 wrote:
damiangerous wrote:

He's not paranoid, he's just man enough to ask the tough questions. Barb would appreciate this kind of swagger.

I just hope you've been here long enough to be one of the clean ones.

Then again, you are only half Mexican, so I guess you can only start half of an epidemic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
linoleum blownaparte
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
Donald wrote:
If these two events don't wind up being related, all you can say is screw you Obama.

fastest and best put-down in RSP history
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
batman wrote:
TheDashi wrote:

Please stop being such a dickhead.

+1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mutton Chops
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
Thank you though, now I understand why ebola will NEVER EVER get into the US across the southern border, I get it now, because THAT would be racist.

I don't think you're very clear on the infection mechanism of Ebola, or you wouldn't be saying this. Ebola which is rather difficult to catch, since one has to have direct contact with the body fluids of an infected person, and such infection is only possible after the person is symptomatic. This is why it spreads cheifly amongst the family members of the infected and health/aid workers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
Source for the link?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.