Hide
4 Posts

Pocket Battles: Confederacy vs Union» Forums » General

Subject: Which to buy? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
tron g
msg tools
I want to try out this series, looks like great filler for game night!

Out of all 4 versions which do you recommend for my first? I was leaning towards orc/elves jus cause i like fantasy more but whatever plays best (i.e. balance of sides) would be the one i want.
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
navajas
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Orcs/Elves is a great choice because:

1) The two armies are SO different.
2) They are in my experience very evenly matched (though new players to the system are almost certain to think the Elves are doomed for a while).
3) Easily approachable theme for most nerds, with identifiable troop types.
4) Lots of very different abilities for both sides.

They are ALL worth having, ALL work together and are ALL fun, but I'd go with the above for a first purchase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Hughes
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I second the suggestion of Orcs vs. Elves. My second choice would be Celts vs. Romans, for the same reasons. Both sets have very asymmetrical armies, but good game balance. The fantasy factor is going to appeal to a lot of players as well.

Celts vs. Romans loses some points due to the fact that some of the unit names are in Gaelic or Latin, and many players won't understand them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tron g
msg tools
Thanks i guess i was right with my instinct to buy orcs v elves.
I will be looking for deals on this now! Cant wait to play
Thanks again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.