GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,929 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
18 Posts

Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective: The Thames Murders & Other Cases» Forums » General

Subject: Reprint news? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The War Chief
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
BRING ME THE HEAD OF SETH NEMEC AND RIK FALCH!!!!!!
badge
In Memorial: Moose, my dog. B:? D:01/13/16. He died peacefully surrounded by those who loved him. You will be missed.
mbmbmbmbmb
Any word on when this will be reprinted?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dieckmann
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Hi there,

Thank you for your interest in Asmodee. We currently still ARE sending these out to distributors. There's no need for reprints, we have them. Your local retail store should be able to order them from distributors.

Thank you and good luck,

Giancarlo Caltabiano.

I got this email from Asmodee while I was seeking a copy of the game and inquiring about a reprint.

Apparently there are copy available and being sent to distributors still... Even if a direct kickstarter for a reprint or conversion of various expansions would seem to be a low risk venture for the company?

Edited cause spelling is hard..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools
I heard somewhere that a reprint would be available in November. Sadly, I don't remember where I got that information but if I logged it into the 'ol memory bank it was probably an official statement from an employee.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin "Coop" Cooper
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
Just Coop.
badge
What?
mbmbmbmbmb
I sent a message to CSI about it, referencing this thread and the note from Asmodee, and got this back:
Quote:
Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective is currently OOP. A new printing should be available in Oct or Nov.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The War Chief
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
In Memorial: Moose, my dog. B:? D:01/13/16. He died peacefully surrounded by those who loved him. You will be missed.
mbmbmbmbmb
coopasonic wrote:
I sent a message to CSI about it, referencing this thread and the note from Asmodee, and got this back:
Quote:
Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective is currently OOP. A new printing should be available in Oct or Nov.

Great news! Thanks for the info.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Martin
United States
Falls Chuch
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The bigger question is then of course, will the reprint fix the notorious typos?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lior A
France
flag msg tools
This is the mail I got today from the company:

Quote:
Thank you for your interest in Asmodee games. Unfortunately Sherlock Holmes is out of stock and print right now. Hopefully another printing will come soon so we can satisfy our customers. Thank you and sorry for any inconvenience this might pose you.

Giancarlo Caltabiano​

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Avery
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've heard from my FLGS (in the UK) that they are getting new stock in next week. I'll post if I get my copy at last.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lior A
France
flag msg tools
Cordwangle wrote:
I've heard from my FLGS (in the UK) that they are getting new stock in next week. I'll post if I get my copy at last.

Which store is it? Do they ship to Europe?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Badigel wrote:
This is the mail I got today from the company:

Quote:
Thank you for your interest in Asmodee games. Unfortunately Sherlock Holmes is out of stock and print right now. Hopefully another printing will come soon so we can satisfy our customers. Thank you and sorry for any inconvenience this might pose you.

Giancarlo Caltabiano​

Hopefully? Sounds as if they're delivered by fairies, or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Micah Short
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Today, I asked CoolStuffInc.com if they have more information about the reprint yet.

In my email, I wrote:
BoardGameGeek user ''coopasonic'' said in mid September that they contacted CoolStuffInc.com about Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective being unavailable and they were told that CoolStuffInc.com was expecting more copies of Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective in October or November. Here is the thread: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1232904/reprint-news

I'm wondering, do you have more information about this yet? When will it be back in stock?

CoolStuffInc.com wrote:
Unfortunately we have not been updated to the expected release date for this beyond the October November release estimate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin "Coop" Cooper
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
Just Coop.
badge
What?
mbmbmbmbmb
IgneusManus wrote:
Today, I asked CoolStuffInc.com if they have more information about the reprint yet.

In my email, I wrote:
BoardGameGeek user ''coopasonic'' said in mid September that they contacted CoolStuffInc.com about Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective being unavailable and they were told that CoolStuffInc.com was expecting more copies of Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective in October or November. Here is the thread: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1232904/reprint-news

I'm wondering, do you have more information about this yet? When will it be back in stock?

CoolStuffInc.com wrote:
Unfortunately we have not been updated to the expected release date for this beyond the October November release estimate.

That's better than, "It's now some time in 2015."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Avery
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Badigel wrote:
Cordwangle wrote:

Which store is it? Do they ship to Europe?

It's not arrived in store yet but I am told that it should be here in the next two weeks. The store is Chimera in Nottigham and I don't believe they ship at all - it's all in-store purchases.

Still, if you're trying to get one of the new print run then I know that Esdevium Games is the supplier who are distributing in the UK. Their site mentions some of the stores they supply (in competition listings for example), so try following the trail from there to a shop who ships internationally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Update from Asmodee:

Quote:
Hi, thank you for your interest in Asmodee games. There is indeed a reprint going on at the moment for our Sherlock Holmes game. The game should be on the retailors shelves around mid-December 2014.

Thank you for contacting us, don’t hesitate to contact us again if you have more questions.

Have a nice day.

Dominic Rouillier

Of course, dates can slip, but it is good to know what Asmodee is currently anticipating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Birkinshaw
United Kingdom
York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My local Traveling Man store (York) had a stack of these in for £30, so I'm guessing the reprint has arrived in the UK.

For me it was excellent timing as I was in the shop to see if there was anything new I fancied taking on holiday. Answered that question pretty quickly!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mxrk
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Back in stock at CoolStuff. Just got the email. $27.49
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Mxrk wrote:
Back in stock at CoolStuff. Just got the email. $27.49

Hah, didn't even give me time to think about what other games I might want to order. "Better pull the trigger - it's been posted to BGG!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The War Chief
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ordered my copy from Target a couple of days ago.whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.