Hide
6 Posts

Star Trek: Fleet Captains – Dominion» Forums » General

Subject: The Ship Cards and Command Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Scott
msg tools
Thank you to the game makers for getting this race right. I was such a big fan of the Dominion race when I watched DS9. The way these ship and command cards play fits right into the personality of the show. Once again I feel like I'm literally playing out episodes of the show while I play the game. This is such a creative expansion and lends itself well to the established rules of the game. Although the expansion instructions tell you to shy away from an all out 4-Player battle royale, I can't wait to try it out with the die hards that I play with.

If you love Fleet Captains and you love the Dominion, you'll have no problem falling in love with this one.

Only one more expansion to go, and I think you all know who (or should I say what) I'm referring to..."resistance is futile".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't want the Borg to be playable, though. I want the Borg to be a faceless NPC which all players fear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So there is a rules sheet for this expansion afer all!?! Can anybody put a copy up in Files?

You comments are very welcome. I had the game in my hot little hands the other day, but decided to wait and get it a little cheaper. It felt very light, but looked very good! I expect to have it in a day or so now, and emails will go out to interested local players! "To boldly go where no one has gone before..."

When I was in graduate school, I saw Gene Roddenberry give a talk and show a blooper reel. This was before TNG! He was as disgusted about the process of trying to get a TV show on the air as we are about poor game support! But he persevered...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slade
South Korea
Busan
Busan
flag msg tools
scottooth wrote:
Thank you to the game makers for getting this race right. I was such a big fan of the Dominion race when I watched DS9. The way these ship and command cards play fits right into the personality of the show. Once again I feel like I'm literally playing out episodes of the show while I play the game. This is such a creative expansion and lends itself well to the established rules of the game. Although the expansion instructions tell you to shy away from an all out 4-Player battle royale, I can't wait to try it out with the die hards that I play with.

If you love Fleet Captains and you love the Dominion, you'll have no problem falling in love with this one.

Only one more expansion to go, and I think you all know who (or should I say what) I'm referring to..."resistance is futile".

Do you have some sort of inside information or is this just wishful speculation? Because I've already spent like $100 and a tonne of hours on my own hommade Borg expansion and I'd hate to think my work was for naught.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Scott
msg tools
I do not have any inside information about the Borg. Honestly, I think I would rather seem them as some sort of large persistent encounter that come to mess with you and the other races. You can either work together or try to take them out by yourself. If you're familiar with how the Barbarians work in the Settlers of Catan: Cities and Knights, I'm thinking of a similar type of situation with the Borg.

I would love to see actual Heroclix Borg ships with this is expansion. Since this expansion would be very different from all the rest since it's not a race anyone would control, I think it's a great opportunity to provide a lot of booster card packs for each race. More command cards with different crew (DS9, Voyager, Enterprise, the new movies). Also we could get a lot more Encounters and Locations. The encounters with the Dominion expansion are very creative and I would love to see a lot more of those.

If Wizkids could produce something like this, then I would consider this game series complete and I would leave Wizkids alone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Culp
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chas59 wrote:
So there is a rules sheet for this expansion afer all!?! Can anybody put a copy up in Files?

If you have the Romulan expansion it is essentially the same rules sheet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.