Borg Queen (6 SP)
In’Cha (6* SP)
Conditional Surrender (4* SP)
Cyrano Jones (3 SP)
Transwarp Conduit (6 SP)
Transwarp Conduit (6 SP)
Transwarp Drive (4* SP)
Flagship (Independent Klingon) (10 SP)

Total Build: 89 SP (before blind booster)

Strategy: Line up across from your opponent and Transwarp Drive, free Scan, and then In’Cha on the first turn to get into range. Blast way at your opponent and stay outside of their arcs when possible. Use Transwarp Conduit to get away from the BCT when necessary. Throw Cyrano Jones out the airlock (so to speak) via Conditional Surrender when necessary.
Effectiveness:
-Faction Pure (Mixed Tech and Elite Allowed): Win+1, Win+1, Win+1

JLP's BTC - Collective OP 1

Borg Tactical Cube (44 SP)
Jean Luc Picard (7* SP)
In’Cha (6* SP)
Cyrano Jones (3 SP)
Transwarp Conduit (6 SP)
Transwarp Conduit (6 SP)
Transwarp Drive (4* SP)

Total Build: 90 SP (before blind booster)

Strategy: Line up across from your opponent and Transwarp Drive, free Scan, free Battle Stations, and then In’Cha on the first turn to get into range. Blast way at your opponent and stay outside of their arcs when possible. Use Transwarp Conduit to get away from the BCT when necessary. Throw Cyrano Jones out the airlock (so to speak) via Conditional Surrender when necessary.
Effectiveness:
-50 SP Faction Pure: Win+1, Loss, Win+1
[It has no defense against a Borg Tactical Cube equipped with Borg Missile.]

Borg Missile BTC - Collective OP 1

Borg Tactical Cube (44 SP)
Jean Luc Picard (7* SP)
Breen Aid (3* SP)
Superior Intellect (5 SP)
Shroud (2* SP)
Shroud (2* SP)
Borg Missile (6 SP)
Transwarp Conduit (6 SP)

Total Build: 89 SP (before blind booster)

Strategy: Aggressively pursue your opponent. Free Scan, free Battle Stations, and Target Lock with the ships action. Blast way at your opponent and stay outside of their arcs when possible. BORG MISSLE your opponents ship at the first opportunity (with Scan, Battle Stations, and Target Lock you should safely destroy two shields and assign two aux tokens). Use Transwarp Conduit to get away from the BCT when necessary. Throw Breen Aide out the airlock (so to speak) via Conditional Surrender when necessary (use Shroud twice before actually discarding the Breen Aide). Use Superior Intellect when necessary to disrupt your opponent.
Effectiveness:
-Sandbox/Unrestricted: Win+1, Win, Win+1

-----

Collective OP 2

ED Borg Super Cube - Collective OP 2

Borg Cube 138 (46 SP)
Jean Luc Picard (6* SP)
Boheeka (2* SP)
Breen Aid (2* SP)
Koss (2* SP)
Energy Dissipator (11* SP)
Energy Dissipator (11* SP)
Superior Intellect (1* SP)
Transwarp Drive (4* SP)
Fleet Captain (Independent Klingon 5 SP)

Total Build: 90 SP (before blind booster)

Strategy: Line up to strife either the East or West face of the BCT. Get up the East or West face of the BCT and ED the BCT every round. Alternate “1” forward and “1” reverse. Use free Scan from flagship, free Battle Stations from Picard, and Target Lock with the ship action. Use Superior Intellect when necessary to disrupt your opponent.
Effectiveness:
-Sandbox (Current Month Only Resource): Win+1, Loss, and Loss
[Effective against two-ship builds but highly ineffective against swarm build.]

K’T’Inga Swarm - Collective OP 2

K’T’Inga Class (22 SP)
Klingon Captain (0 SP)

K’T’Inga Class (22 SP)
Klingon Captain (0 SP)

K’T’Inga Class (22 SP)
Klingon Captain (0 SP)

K’T’Inga Class (22 SP)
Klingon Captain (0 SP)

Total Build: 88 SP (before blind booster)

Strategy: Line up all ships on the back starting edge with two K’T’Inga Class lined up to strife the West face of the BCT and two K’T’Inga Class lined up to strife the East face of the BCT. Place the debris in whatever way would be your opponents disadvantage, such as on the top of top corners of the map. Start off with “1” maneuvers and allow the opponent to be closest to the BCT and act a shield. Cloak the first round and target lock all subsequent rounds. Note, you cannot spend too much SP on your blind ship because you need initiative to monopolize starting placement.
Effectiveness:
-Ship Pure: Win+1, Win, Loss
-Faction Pure (Mixed Tech and Elite Allowed): Win+1, Win+1, Win+1
-50 SP Faction Pure: Win+1, Win, Win+1
-Sandbox/Unrestricted: Loss, Loss, Loss

-----

Collective OP 3

Still testing...

-----

I omitted the builds that totally failed during my OP tournaments.

Feel free to share your successful builds and strategies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chance M
msg tools
I abbreviate the house rules in this article. For more information see my other article on the venues I attend. See http://boardgamegeek.com/article/16784276#16784276.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Over Dog
msg tools
Nice write up but I will make one comment on the placement of the debris tokens. With a swarm fleet, or any other really, use the debris tokens to stop the cube from attacking your ships. I usually placed mine just outside of my first movement of 4 between me and the cube that way the cube will waste its first volley of attacks on the debris and clear them for my next movement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chance M
msg tools
I found that it does not always benefit you to use the debris as shields. Since the BCT fires at the four closest ship as long as there are a least 5 ships in play, you can let your opponent take shots and fly behind them. I only used the debris as shields when my opponent did not have enough ship (at least 4) to take the fire from the BCT. But you have to be careful on placement so as to not benefit your opponent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Over Dog
msg tools
chanceusa wrote:
I found that it does not always benefit you to use the debris as shields. Since the BCT fires at the four closest ship as long as there are a least 5 ships in play, you can let your opponent take shots and fly behind them. I only used the debris as shields when my opponent did not have enough ship (at least 4) to take the fire from the BCT. But you have to be careful on placement so as to not benefit your opponent.

Was never an issue for me in all 6 games because all my ships were clustered together and my opponent couldnt get in front of me to take advantage of them. With proper placement a movement of 4 got all my swarm in range on round 1 and gave me a huge bump in damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.