GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,916 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: So these Chinese.... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
... they are from China, right?
And there are diseases in China, right?
Some Chinese immigrate illegally from China, right?
And diseases pass on from parents to children, right?
Which means all Chinese children of immigrants from China are riddled with diseases, right?
(Possibly Ebola.)
(Possibly while taking away our jobs.)

I'm just asking questions here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, it is claimed that diseases are all an American plot to kill undesirables. So is this true, are Americans just trying to infect immigrant children with diseases and sending them home in order to wipe out whole populations that are not "American" enough?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Simon Mueller wrote:
... they are from China, right?
And there are diseases in China, right?
Some Chinese immigrate illegally from China, right?
And diseases pass on from parents to children, right?
Which means all Chinese children of immigrants from China are riddled with diseases, right?
(Possibly Ebola.)
(Possibly while taking away our jobs.)

I'm just asking questions here.

By asking these questions, you assert the validity of the unspoken underlying premise and I will therefore take them super-duper-serious. Thank you for bringing this to my attention and helping enlighten me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
No, it is claimed that diseases are all an American plot to kill undesirables. So is this true, are Americans just trying to infect immigrant children with diseases and sending them home in order to wipe out whole populations that are not "American" enough?

There are some who actually believe that there is some truth to these kind of intentions. Especially when the neocons spout the following drivel:

Quote:
"Information systems will become an important focus of attack, particularly for U.S. enemies seeking to short-circuit sophisticated American forces. And advanced forms of biological warfare that can 'target' specific genotypes may transform biological warfare from the realm of terror to a politically useful tool."

--Project for a New American Century, page 60 of "Rebuilding America's Defenses" (Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, etc.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

There are some who actually believe that there is some truth to these kind of intentions. Especially when the neocons spout the following drivel:

Quote:
"Information systems will become an important focus of attack, particularly for U.S. enemies seeking to short-circuit sophisticated American forces. And advanced forms of biological warfare that can 'target' specific genotypes may transform biological warfare from the realm of terror to a politically useful tool."

--Project for a New American Century, page 60 of "Rebuilding America's Defenses" (Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, etc.)
I know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Watson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I thought they were all just cheap knock-off's of popular Western diseases that were developed in some kind of sweat-shop biological weapons plant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Archonsod wrote:
I thought they were all just cheap knock-off's of popular Western diseases that were developed in some kind of sweat-shop biological weapons plant.

It's why I never get my vaccinations at WalMart.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
gelrod wrote:
Racist.

I was only asking whether Chinese came from China.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hathorn
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Simon Mueller wrote:
gelrod wrote:
Racist.

I was only asking whether Chinese came from China.

I guess, depending on your point of view, some Chinese come from Taiwan. I guess that would be China then, too, then wouldn't it.

Mexicans definitely come from Mexico.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bat Profile
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
did they play a joke?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.