Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin
England
Hull
East Riding of Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
But we have to change the rules because Monopoly's so boring!
mbmbmbmbmb
So I got the oragami dice and quickly gave up trying to make them, since I have a) no patience and b) I just could not figure out how to actually make them, from the few photo's posted in the article.

So I@ve decided to print onto sticky paper, cut out the individual faces and stick them onto a dice. Trouble is, I can's see how the faces are arranged on the dice. eg on a standard d6 opposite faces add upto 7 but what goes where on these 7 dice?

Would it make a diffference if I just randomly stuck them to a die any old how? (providing I didn't mix up the different dice faces with one another obviously)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Eckman
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Having the opposite faces add up to 7 on a d6 is to prevent people from gaming the dice by barrel rolling them. If you are just going to roll the dice like a normal person, it doesn't matter where you put the stickers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
England
Hull
East Riding of Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
But we have to change the rules because Monopoly's so boring!
mbmbmbmbmb
not sure what barrel rolling is but thanks for the quick reply. I thought as much, since its all 1 in 6 chance of a face coming up after all. I suspected I was over analysing it all.

cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksander Zawadski
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
I make dice by cutting up jarrah garden stakes into cubes (any hardwood will do). Sand off the rough edges. Stick the dice labels on the faces. Coat with a few layers of water-based wood varnish. They look and feel great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.