GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,261 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
23 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Do It Yourself

Subject: Simple barrel dice tower (plinko style) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Garth Palmer

Roseburg
OR
msg tools
hi, I decided to make a dice tower of my own, but didn't want to make a wooden one. also I prefer the plinko style where the dice tumble down pegs because in my mind it makes for a more randomization than falling down ramps.

so I decided to make a simple one out of 2" ABS pipe and some bolts. here is the result:

[ImageID=https://scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/t31.0-8/105...]

the dice tumble down and you lift the tower revealing the results, rather than having them roll down into a tray of some kind. works excellent and is cheap and easy to make.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Nomad
Netherlands
Den Bosch
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks great, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Vickers
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mb
How big is it? It's hard to tell without anything for reference. It seems like it would be quite big. Also, does it fall over easily? Maybe you should consider having a chute and a hole that dice come out at the bottom.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Cicero
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clever idea! And I agree this demands a chute.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting approach with the bolts.

Much how we did one with a pringles can. Except we used wooden dowel rods.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garth Palmer

Roseburg
OR
msg tools
thanks guys!

Juju114 wrote:
How big is it? It's hard to tell without anything for reference. It seems like it would be quite big. Also, does it fall over easily? Maybe you should consider having a chute and a hole that dice come out at the bottom.

i just measured and its actually only 10 inches tall, and no it doesnt really fall over, because at least how i do it is just hold it as you put the dice in, after you roll you can lay it down or whatever. it really only needs to stand up when you put dice in it.

and yeah you could put a chute on it if you want. it actually used to have an ABS curve neck adapter i found that went from 2" to 1" that had a nice curve to it. i took that off because i didn't have anything to catch the dice and so they'd just go everywhere. now i just pull it off and they're all right there in a tight little group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ward
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the great idea. My family was just playing A big game of Catan and a dice tower would have really helped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.