Hide
7 Posts

Nika» Forums » Rules

Subject: Expansion + home rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sahee Sahee
msg tools
Anybody has came up with house rules for the expansion pieces?

And do you know a place where one can see the official rules for the expansion? - the main rules are available freely, not so much with the Ajax, fury, etc.

The kickstarter mention of what the piece do, isn't as precise as needed, and I'm seeking to have the expansion pieces "equal" one another as far as their game value is concerned - with what I came up with, I'm not succeeding much on that ground.

Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Raab
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Hi Sahee - do you have a rules clarification question about the expansion pieces? I'll be happy to clear up any ambiguities.

The variants are designed to be played with only one type of special piece at a time, so the different variants are not balanced with each other. I would be interested to hear about experiments with putting more than one type into the same game though.

I'm not sure if the rules are publicly available. I'll send a note asking Rick about that.

Thanks!

Josh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Raab
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Okay, we talked it over and we're going to say you have to buy the expansion to get the variant rules. Sounds like you already have them, but anyone else interested can grab them here: http://www.eaglegames.net/SearchResults.asp?Search=nika

Have people tried the variants? Which one's your favorite?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nic Nyu
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
What is the expansion? The website does not explain it.

I've just acquired Nika today. :) And I have a few questions regarding the rules,

Can I be pushed or move into my ally's victory area? Am I safe there from my enemy? Since the enemy cannot move into their enemy's victory area and if they get pushed into it they die, right?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Raab
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Hi Nic,

Thanks for the questions! The expansion includes a set of rules for variants as well as stickers for use in those variants.

Your ally's victory area is a normal space for you. You can be pushed into it safely, move into it from the rally areas or the main part of the board, etc. Since your enemy can't enter, it's also a safe space for your pieces, and if enemies are pushed in they are routed.

Let me know if there's anything else I can clear up for you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nic Nyu
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Dear Josh,

your swift answer is highly appreciated. Thank you. :D

Since my ally's victory area is a normal space for me I suppose the rally area is as well?! Thus I could also move into it?

A few more questions,

a.) To rally one piece cost one action point?

b.) If I rally two or more pieces can I move them as a phalanx?

Ps this game rocks so far. :cool:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Raab
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Hi Nic,

No problem! Thanks for playing the game, glad you're enjoying it

Yes, your rally areas are normal spaces for you too. You can move your pieces back into them (sometimes useful in a tight endgame, when you need to get out of your ally's way).

Rallying one piece is one action, yes.

Your pieces can operate as phalanxes even if they're in your rally area or your ally's victory area. Just think of those areas as normal spaces for your own pieces. So yes, if you rally two pieces, on your next turn you can start moving them as a phalanx. This is actually a big part of rallying strategy - waiting to rally several pieces lets you move out in greater strength, but at the cost of getting them back into the action more slowly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.