GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,248 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Greenland» Forums » General

Subject: card size of sleeves? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jonathan schleyer
United States
Manhattan Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have this game on pre-order as a bday present and was curious what size the cards were? Are there any mayday sleeves that fit these cards perfectly? Very excited about this pre-order!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adventurous Moose

LOUISVILLE
KY - Kentucky
msg tools
mbmbmb
If the cards are the same size as Pax Porfiriana (which I assume they are), then 56 x 87 sleeves fit PERFECTLY.

Edit: And yes, Mayday Games/Ultra Pro both make sleeves exactly that size.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jonathan schleyer
United States
Manhattan Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope that they are the same because those Mayday premium sleeves do indeed fit Pax Po perfectly!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodolphe Duhil
France
Rambouillet
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mayday Chimera 57.5mm x 89mm are a better choice.
Cards measure 57mm x 87mm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hedges
United Kingdom
Penrith
Cumbria, UNITED KINGDOM
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just so that no one else makes the same mistake, I bought some 56x87 Mayday premium sleeves and they are indeed too tight. They fit Pax Por perfectly, but the cards in Greenland are a touch wider (I should have checked that before I ordered the sleeves blush).

I've ordered some Chimera sleeves (thanks for the tip Rodolphe) and I guess I'll order more 56x87s and actually get around to sleeving PAx too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here. Except that I already had loads of Mayday Orange/Chimera sleeves hanging around (as a result of a previous sleeving size error). And the "spare" Mayday Purple sleeves (7076?) were quickly put to use in other games (in fact, I've run out of them and had to order more; but I've still got plenty of Chimeras left).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Wright
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I found my cards too big for the Mayday Chimeras - not sure if the cards are too big or I have a narrow batch of sleeves......

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johann Backhaus
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Weird.I tried Chimera Sleeves from Mayday first and they were too wide.Standard Usa sleeves fit perfectly. I didn't use premium ones though.Maybe they differ slightly from the cheaper ones?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jonathan schleyer
United States
Manhattan Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ended up using MAYDAY STANDARD PREMIUM 56x87. They are a bit tight but fit for me nonetheless. In fact one pack didn't really fit at all so it is a good thing that I had extra ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.