Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » Strategy

Subject: need help making a op 3 build rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
dario gonzalez
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
i never had so much trouble making a build for a op event. this is what i have come up with so far
iks koraga 28
klingon flagship 10
jean luc picard 7
bu'kah 4
elizabeth shelby 3
hikaru sulu 4

you can have 10 def dice ever turn with rerolls and a battle stations to prevent the cube from hitting you even with the massive 12 attack dice.
i am not too sure what to do with the rest of the points i am considering just throwing the rest of the points into the same ship and make it as 90 point ship but not too sure what to put. i am thinking of adding
gul dukat admiral 8
cheat death 6
invasion plans 6
feedback pulse 9
high energy sensor sweep 6

which will bring it up to 89. i have mixed feeling about shooting first. on one hand you get the first shot but on the other you can see if the cube attacks first you will know if you have to spend the battle station token without debating weather to use it offensive or defensive.
the last thing i am not too sure about is will 5 or 6 attack dice unmodified be enough to kill the cube. or will this build just end up being a long stalemate.
one more thing i refuse to to an attack cancellation build, it banned where i play anyway.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Chest
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
For some help with this question see my full discussion in this thread:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1228326/initial-pre-test...

But to start to give you an answer, 4 dice get almost nowhere once the BCT starts rolling 8 or especially 10 defense dice. 5-6 dice will get hits through, though some shots will be overwhelmed by evades. 7-8 dice give you the chance to really get multiple hits through on one shot, even facing 10 defense dice. 9-10 attack dice is really where you have the opportunity to ninja that kill shot. This is all assuming you have at least a re-roll, but a re-roll with battle stations will be even better. Even throwing a load of dice will be meaningless if you can't insure dice quality at the same time.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Shaharuddin
United States
California
flag msg tools
Ive tested this build 3 times and it works amazing.

Bioship Alpha 38
Independent flagship (free scan) 10
Weyoun (plus 2 crew slots) 6
Breen aide 2
Koss 3 (in case of borg or superior intellect)
Auxiliary control room 4
Anitiproton scan 5
Feedback pulse 9
Cheat death 6
Counter attack 4
Positron Beam 3

Total 90 points

This Build works best if your the highest ranking player. You can get a scan and a target lock each turn having 8 or 9 or 10 attack dice if you are closer.In addition to a free hit with green aide. Depending on your opponent you earthier want to have the borg fire 12 attack dice on your opponents best ship or spread the damage on his ship and use him. DO NOT USE FEEDBACK PULSE TILL THE BORG HAS 20 OR MORE DAMAGE if you are the controlling player when the borg is nearly destroyed, have it fire on your bishop with 12 attack dice then use feedback pulse, and auxiliary control room to cancel the auxiliary token. That Should destroy the borg cube and leave the sphere left. Always try not to do a lot of damage if your opponent shoots after you do if the sphere is nearly destroyed. If it is almost of the play mat use counter attack so you can at least get the last attack.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel van de Laar
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
daniels072000 wrote:
Ive tested this build 3 times and it works amazing.

Bioship Alpha 38
Independent flagship (free scan) 10
Weyoun (plus 2 crew slots) 6
Breen aide 2
Koss 3 (in case of borg or superior intellect)
Auxiliary control room 4
Anitiproton scan 5
Feedback pulse 9
Cheat death 6
Counter attack 4
Positron Beam 3

Total 90 points

This Build works best if your the highest ranking player. You can get a scan and a target lock each turn having 8 or 9 or 10 attack dice if you are closer.In addition to a free hit with green aide. Depending on your opponent you earthier want to have the borg fire 12 attack dice on your opponents best ship or spread the damage on his ship and use him. DO NOT USE FEEDBACK PULSE TILL THE BORG HAS 20 OR MORE DAMAGE if you are the controlling player when the borg is nearly destroyed, have it fire on your bishop with 12 attack dice then use feedback pulse, and auxiliary control room to cancel the auxiliary token. That Should destroy the borg cube and leave the sphere left. Always try not to do a lot of damage if your opponent shoots after you do if the sphere is nearly destroyed. If it is almost of the play mat use counter attack so you can at least get the last attack.


If you do that, however, you won't get the bonus points for destroying the Cube since it will have been destroyed by its own attack, and not by your attack.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Covert
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Danvan wrote:
daniels072000 wrote:
Ive tested this build 3 times and it works amazing.

Bioship Alpha 38
Independent flagship (free scan) 10
Weyoun (plus 2 crew slots) 6
Breen aide 2
Koss 3 (in case of borg or superior intellect)
Auxiliary control room 4
Anitiproton scan 5
Feedback pulse 9
Cheat death 6
Counter attack 4
Positron Beam 3

Total 90 points

This Build works best if your the highest ranking player. You can get a scan and a target lock each turn having 8 or 9 or 10 attack dice if you are closer.In addition to a free hit with green aide. Depending on your opponent you earthier want to have the borg fire 12 attack dice on your opponents best ship or spread the damage on his ship and use him. DO NOT USE FEEDBACK PULSE TILL THE BORG HAS 20 OR MORE DAMAGE if you are the controlling player when the borg is nearly destroyed, have it fire on your bishop with 12 attack dice then use feedback pulse, and auxiliary control room to cancel the auxiliary token. That Should destroy the borg cube and leave the sphere left. Always try not to do a lot of damage if your opponent shoots after you do if the sphere is nearly destroyed. If it is almost of the play mat use counter attack so you can at least get the last attack.


If you do that, however, you won't get the bonus points for destroying the Cube since it will have been destroyed by its own attack, and not by your attack.


That appears to still be open to debate, and I've not seen an official ruling on it. From the relevant section of the OP3 rules:

Quote:
The player who destroys the Borg Cube Token (i.e. inflicts the final point of damage to it) gains +40 Fleet Points
and the player who destroys the Borg Sphere Token (i.e. inflicts the final point of damage to it) gains +40 Fleet Points


If the player inflicts the final point of damage by way of the Feedback Pulse card, I don't see why it should matter who rolled the dice. The damage comes from the Feedback Pulse, since it was that player's use of the Pulse that caused the damage to the token.

In any case, if possible, I would recommend contacting your TO and asking for their ruling before fielding a fleet with a Feedback Pulse, since there does not seem to be a consensus or an official ruling on this. Though I'd still rather take getting zero points for destroying the token than allowing my opponent to score those points.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shrouded In Mystery
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played it that way with feedback pulse (no points). Seems fair since the card is so good in this scenario.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skip Bridson
United States
Traverse City
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In mine; it was ruled as "Your card, Your damage" meaning when i used Feedback Pulse to destroy the Cube' I got the points for the kill.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Adams
msg tools
The feedback pulse thing is still 100% up for debate so make sure you talk to your TO before you commit to the build. I think the whole idea of the points fizzling out rather than being scored to the player using the pulse is just dumb (your card, your damage).

Bottom line, there hasn't been an official ruling so it's up to your TO. Make your case with them and see what they say.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel van de Laar
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Griffinman01 wrote:
The feedback pulse thing is still 100% up for debate so make sure you talk to your TO before you commit to the build. I think the whole idea of the points fizzling out rather than being scored to the player using the pulse is just dumb (your card, your damage).

Bottom line, there hasn't been an official ruling so it's up to your TO. Make your case with them and see what they say.


The TO at the venue I played called it your card, The card was critical to each victory (I went 3-0, taking both the sphere and cube in the second round. You can read my batrep in the sessions forum). It is great for taking down that last five or six hits.

Until (if?) we get something official, it's the TO's call, so as long as you know (going in) which way that'll play, it should be fine.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Bueckert
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Even if it doesn't count as your damage, it's still good for this scenario - assuming you're positioned properly in the initiative order to make the kill after the FB goes off.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Adams
msg tools
Danvan wrote:
Griffinman01 wrote:
The feedback pulse thing is still 100% up for debate so make sure you talk to your TO before you commit to the build. I think the whole idea of the points fizzling out rather than being scored to the player using the pulse is just dumb (your card, your damage).

Bottom line, there hasn't been an official ruling so it's up to your TO. Make your case with them and see what they say.


The TO at the venue I played called it your card, The card was critical to each victory (I went 3-0, taking both the sphere and cube in the second round. You can read my batrep in the sessions forum). It is great for taking down that last five or six hits.

Until (if?) we get something official, it's the TO's call, so as long as you know (going in) which way that'll play, it should be fine.


By the time we get something official it won't matter since we'll be long passed this scenario.

I've got a build with and without it just in case, but I suspect my venue will rule "your card, your damage" like yours did. Definitely gotta check before though.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.