Turn 13: Fall 1945.
Turn 14: Spring 1946.
Turn 15: Fall 1946.
Turn 16: Spring 1947.
Turn 17: Fall 1947.
Turn 18: Spring 1948
Turn 19: Fall 1948.
Turn 20: Spring 1949.

I've always wanted a playable Strategic World War II game which begins before 1939 and which may end after 1945. Here it is! The above chronology matches the tempo of the war quite well in the Far East.

It makes European war events too early, but I'll just imagine Germany's standard Turn 1 "Build Army!" in Western Europe represents political influence, not just conquest. In 1937-1938 the Fascists were winning in Spain. The Belgians and Dutch were uncooperative with the Allies. The French were wobbly. The Brits were appeasing.

By Turn 6 the USA will have deployed out sufficiently to have a big impact on the game. The tempo of the real war increased then too, justifying semiannual turns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Philippe Goyer
Canada
Verdun Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Looking for a Publisher for a Grand Strategic all fronts WW2 card game
mbmbmbmbmb
What about USA into the war from the start???
A French resistance card in 1937?? etc...

We have seem games with USSR in Germany in less than 5 turns...
We have seen Italy taken India...
WE have seen UK not having a fleet in North sea until turn 9...
We have seen USSR taken China...
And so on...

This game must be taken for what it is: a WW2 game with replayability beyond history...and it succeeds at it quite well.
I like the game and my group finds it enjoyable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Whitfield
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Our last game had Russia in China and India. USA landed in Scandinavia on turn 5 and began bombing Germany. That caused Germany to be out of draw cards by turn 12. Japan sat on 2 supply centers most of the game then erupted to take all of the pacific and Australia but failed to make it to the mainland again. Each game plays differently since strategy is determined by the cards drawn and the cards lost. There is definantly no need to play by historical standards to win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Griffey
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pgkashmir wrote:
Each game plays differently since strategy is determined by the cards drawn and the cards lost. There is definantly no need to play by historical standards to win.

The Calendar is just for comparison to the real war. There's no intention to make players imitate events of the real war.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Philippe Goyer
Canada
Verdun Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Looking for a Publisher for a Grand Strategic all fronts WW2 card game
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you are right John...

Some players may like a calendar some not.
Trying to implement a bit of historical accuracy may be a good idea but will be very difficult in this game.

Happy gaming...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a fun calendar, and could be useful for adding ideas or house rules. I'm sure the designer used something like that to hang the framework on. Your point about the game starting early struck me as well, and also in a positive way.

PS: And the Americans were isolationist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.