Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't seen a pilot from Imperial aces on anyone's list. The pilots appear gimmicky and the two best pilots are from the original Interceptor expansion.

The interceptor has also overshadowed by the Phantom as the manueverable high firepower option for the Empire. So is this expansion worth getting? In comparison with Rebel Aces, which has one of the best pilots in the game, Keyan Farlander, what is the must-have card in Imperial Aces?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Haglund
Sweden
Göteborg
Västra Götaland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It all depends on your local meta. I see people using Carnor Jax or Opportunist all the time. Opportunist is especially good against Falcon-C3PO builds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jax is a lot of fun if used right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Royal Guards (PS6 generics) are pretty good. Royal Guard title on Fel or Phennir is also very good, if you don't mind spending even more points on the most expensive Interceptors. And some people like putting Targeting Computer on a PtL Interceptor (especially Fel). But I admit that I've never seen Kir Kanos or Tetran Cowell used, and Carnor Jax is used sparingly (I find he doesn't survive long at Range 1 of his enemies and is best used as a PS8 generic that happens to have a bonus when he accidentally gets within Range 1).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This may be of interest to anyone who using interceptors.
Right around the 12:30 mark in the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCrNf_Y4KfA
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Reed
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
True, it's not 100% necessary, but for $20-25 you get two beautiful models and a bunch of potentially useful cards (2x hull upgrade, 2x push the limit, 2x shield upgrade, 2x targeting computer, carnor jax).

Interceptors are super fun to play, and it's great to see the stunning aces models on the play mat. This set is a great value overall, I'd say.

Also, if/when you get into Epic games having more interceptor models and key upgrade grades could be a good thing. Again - a great value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Derksen
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
designer
armoredgear7.net
badge
Heroes of the Aturi Cluster dockingbay416.com/campaign
mbmbmbmbmb
If you only play Imperial (some people do!), Aces is the only purchase you could make to:
-get a TIE Interceptor, as the single pack is hard to find right now
-get Push the Limit (x2 even) without buying an A-wing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadly though Alpha's and Avenger's don't come in this pack
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think interceptors have been outclassed, so I will first get a phantom and either a defender or bomber instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
Well a single bomber isn't great. And it's not like defenders are tearing up the scene.

The phantom looks pretty exciting though. I'd definitely suggest players get that for variety before buying this.

No one needs this set to compete in tournaments.

But I don't think that's the point. My friend plays with me, but would never own the game. But when he saw this, he said he wanted the models.

It's a good looking product, which in the casual minis world, raises a crap ton of money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordy Crozier
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen Carnor Jax, Royal guard ties and Lorrir at local tournament. One of the funniest was a guys HWK squad armed with blaster turrets shut down when a guy just parked Jax in the middle of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.