Hide
3 Posts

The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game – Khazad-dûm» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Flight from Moria Help! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hiram Witkop
msg tools
Anyone have suggestion on what to run in Fight from Moria quest? Player cards, heroes, strategies…? I run double fisted and I have Core, Mirkwood cycle and Khazad-dum. Right now my win % is 2 out of 10. Current heroes running are (Dain, Gimli, Thalin) and (Bifur, Beravor, Eowyn). I do throw Song of Travel, Unexpected courage, and Test of Will in the Dain deck. Run a lot of Dwarves using Dain. I am willing to change heroes, recommend cards to play, any suggestion or strategies welcome.

Thanks
hyramdubya

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Porteous
United Kingdom
Swindon
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I find Eleanor invaluable for this quest, especially for that annoying treachery that makes you choose a new quest card. As for your decks, 2 Dwarf decks should suffice, take all dwarf heroes and Eleanor.

Quest tips:
Don't quest too hard, try to quest only what you need to get by. Remember each quest card has victory points that add to the Nameless Fear. Keep skipping quest cards at the end of the combat phase until you get the card that gets the abandoned tools, then repeat to find the exit card.

Also worth stacking readying effects on the hero that will hold the abandoned tools, the more times you can ready him, the quicker the game will end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffen Onkes
Germany
Norden
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SpaceCrusader79 wrote:

Also worth stacking readying effects on the hero that will hold the abandoned tools, the more times you can ready him, the quicker the game will end.

*cough*Boromir*cough*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.