1 Posts

Fun Farm» Forums » Reviews

Subject: Fun Farm review by Daisy Doodle Dice rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mommy gamer
msg tools
mbmbmb
To see the full review with pictures go to http://daisydoodledice.com/2014/09/09/fun-farm/

Basics

Circle up the animals, we’re going to have some fun. Pick a person to act as the farmer.

The farmer puts a card in the middle of the circle.

Players take turns rolling the dice. If the colors on the dice match the colors on the card, grab the animal shown on the card. First person to grab the animal, gets to keep the card.

Play continues until the entire deck of cards is gone. Player with the most cards wins.

My two cents

Obviously, this is a simple game for younger kids. Princess is still a little small to play it, but Seal, 4, and GPS, 6, both like it. GPS is significantly faster at it than Seal, but he doesn’t mind, and GPS helps him and even waits for him to get it first. Love that.

You have to admit, the animals are pretty cute. They’re made out of foam so no worries about anyone getting hurt if for some reason someone throws them. Not that I would know anything about that in a house of 5 boys. The only down side to the foam animals is little ones, in my case the Princess, likes to sink her teeth into them. We’ve only had it happen once and it’s not bad at all, but that seems to be how all foam toys end up at our house, so we have to watch her when the boys are playing it.

This isn’t a game that I get excited about playing, or that the older boys want to play but good luck finding a good age appropriate game for small children that you’ll enjoy. Although I don’t enjoy actual game play, I do enjoy sitting down and playing with the little boys. It’s a great game to play with Seal during the day. He gets so bored while everyone’s at school. Plus we need to work on getting him ready for kindergarten and this is a fun way to work on his colors, plus a few more things.

We have a number of educational games for younger kids and this is a nice addition to it.

And that's Fun Farm!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.