GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,504 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Pixel Tactics 2» Forums » Rules

Subject: Saint mikhail + druid rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
philippe lachance
Canada
montreal
quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb

For my first game, Saint mikhael was my leader and in front of him was the druid. Now the druid has intercept and everytime he was killed he became a corpse only at the end of the round, and could then be instantly revived by Saint Mikhael, making it very hard for my opponent to ever touch my leader. Were we playing correctly, or is there a timing issue I am not aware of?

If so, what are some of the known strategies for countering that?

Thanks, this game rocks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Hughes
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless I'm mistaken, you can clear a corpse in the enemy unit as an action just the same way you would clear one from your own. So kill the druid, and clear him before Mikhail can resurrect him.

There are also attacks that bypass intercept, ways to deal damage directly to the leader, and ways to rearrange your opponent's unit.

edit- oh, wait. I see the problem. Mikhail + vanguard druid is a powerful combo, but like I said, there are ways to get past it. 'Defeat' effects will turn the druid into a corpse instantly rather than waiting for a casualty check, so a defeat effect followed by a clear corpse action is the surest way to be rid of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Hughes
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rats. I just checked, and it seems I was mistaken. You can only clear your own corpses.

Anyway, the other means I mentioned all work. There are a TON of powerful combos in pixel tactics. Mikhail + Druid is one of many.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Gustafson
Australia
Alaska
flag msg tools
I just had a game with this combo, it seemed pretty unfair.

It would be good to clarify the order of actions when it comes to the end of rounds, from what I can understand, a round ends after the last wave ends, and if multiple things resolve at this point, each player resolves their own things in whatever order they want.

As far as I can tell, Divinity leader + Druid works just as the OP and I played with it, because we have to assume casualties happen either before or at the same time as other end of round actions

This does make it extremely powerful, as I no longer had to think about defending my hero from attacks of any kind, focusing instead on healing him. There aren't that many destroy effects, which can leave the other player floundering for a long time.

The right tactic is probably to work on dismantling the rest of the players hero's so they spend time clearing corpses instead of putting pressure on your leader

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.