GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,573 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Deadzone» Forums » Rules

Subject: Just want to make sure question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Riddle

Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wanted to clarify

When i shoot and blaze away results
Say the target has 1 armor

1. If i shoot a target and have 3 successes to their one success to survive

2. If i blaze away at a target (square) and have 3 successes to their one success to survive

What are the results?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael H
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
scout13 wrote:
I wanted to clarify

When i shoot and blaze away results
Say the target has 1 armor

1. If i shoot a target and have 3 successes to their one success to survive

2. If i blaze away at a target (square) and have 3 successes to their one success to survive

What are the results?

1. First subtract the Survive success (1) from the Shoot successes (3) = Potential Damage(2). Next subtract the Armor of the target (1) from the Potential Damage(2) resulting in 1 damage to the target.

2. First subtract the Survive success (1) from the Blaze Away successes (3) = Aggression loss (2). Reduce the Aggression by one step for each loss (e.g. If Enraged the target would then be Pinned.) If a model is reduced to Suppressed and there is still Aggression loss then treat the remaining Aggression loss as Potential Damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Riddle

Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ok thanks, the second one was where some confusion came in

I thought you lost damage and took aggression loss for the blaze away
seemed too powerful,

I wasn't sure on a straight shooting if target was enraged if they lost aggression for an injury or not

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J MJ
msg tools
Hi,
I'm Sorry but I'd like to post a small correction to this case.

Shoot: difference in successes (2) is the potential damage AND doubling the successes gives -1 aggression in addition to that.

Blaze away: works a bit differently. Blazer wins against survive gives -1 aggression, blazer doubling gives -2 aggression and tripling gives -3 aggression.

Pages 29 and 30 in the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Clasing
msg tools
mbmb
J MJ is dead right, and a lot of people want to make this mistake.

In Blaze Away, just because you have two or three more successes doesn't mean anything. It's isn't until you double that there is a two level reduction in aggression, and until you triple that there is a three level reduction. Raw difference in numbers doesn't matter until you reach the doubling or tripling--it is distinctly different from shooting in that regard (and in others, of course!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Riddle

Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
this almost makes me think it might be better to just shoot them instead of suppress them

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Enfinger
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
There are several benefits to blaze away attacks.

If a target has high armor or toughness that you cannot penetrate, keeping them suppressed is all you can do to keep them from destroying you.

Also, blaze away is against every target in a cube. Typically if there are several low armor targets you can do considerable damage.

Blaze away against constructs is now considerably viable as constructs always count as pinned for blaze away attacks (Asterians are all almost constructs).

It's incredible easy to modify blaze away attacks to benefit you.
Opponent models in cover get a penalty to blaze away. 1 point spent on a pre game ammo can add +2 to blaze away (once). Several cards add to blaze away.

Believe me, it's worth it's weight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joke Meister
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cenfinger wrote:
Believe me, it's worth it's weight.

Until the plague player pulls out 3 Steadfast cards, IN THE SAME ROUND, to cancel out 3 of my successful blaze away attacks which should have pinned his bloody stage 1A in place!angry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Riddle

Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
good points, thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Enfinger
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
Forgot to add that you can also shoot & blaze away in the same activation (both short).

Get a good position, or use a move card or a command ability to do both

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Riddle

Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Totally didn't catch that
I thought it was one or the other
Awesome

I knew the not two of the same actions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.