United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Don't make me exile you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Traffic Accident might just be the most thematic card ever, other than Shattered Dreams of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caught in a mechanism
Brazil
RJ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the sci-fi direction Weyland is taking.

Just waiting now for the corporate fusion which will bring about its bio weapons division.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wray
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
locusshifter wrote:
Traffic Accident might just be the most thematic card ever, other than Shattered Dreams of course.

It looks more like a car bomb to me than a "traffic accident."

NBN FlashNews update:

"A notorious cyberterrorist died today in what the authorities are categorizing as a traffic accident. No other cars were involved and witnesses reported that no piece longer than a meter remained after the car purportedly exploded while simply flying along the lane."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Don't make me exile you.
mbmbmbmbmb
cynchwyrm wrote:
locusshifter wrote:

It looks more like a car bomb to me than a "traffic accident."

NBN FlashNews update:

"A notorious cyberterrorist died today in what the authorities are categorizing as a traffic accident. No other cars were involved and witnesses reported that no piece longer than a meter remained after the car purportedly exploded while simply flying along the lane."

Um, yeah, that's why I said THEMATIC. Nothing in Weyland happens by accident or by luck.

Although, if you look closely, it appears the guidance system of the vehicle had a malfunction and ran into part of the building.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wray
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Quote:
if you look closely, it appears the guidance system of the vehicle had a malfunction and ran into part of the building.

I see what you are saying but it's not at all clear whether that part at the front of the car is hitting the car or merely part of the background in the distance above it. The perspective makes it really unclear.

If it was meant to be hitting the building, that could have been done so much more clearly. As it is, first glance really says spotaneous combustu-splosion.

And as for theme, I now get what you were saying. I would think they could try harder to disguise it, but this IS the faction that 'accidentally' blows up an entire city block just to get at someone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Meng
msg tools
locusshifter wrote:

Shattered Dreams??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
trekkienz wrote:
locusshifter wrote:

Shattered Dreams??

I assume they meant Shattered Remains.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Pettigrew
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
trekkienz wrote:
locusshifter wrote:

Shattered Dreams??

There is a hole in your mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.