Darkest Night: From the Abyss» Forums » General

Subject: When will this arrive in retail stores? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Purple TripleCrown
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This expansion was released by Victory Point on September 4 and is showing as in stock at the VP web store. However, none of the retailers here in Toronto have any stock and don't seem to know when to expect any. Seems odd. If there were production delays, I don't think the web store would have any stock either.

Anyone know when this will arrive at retail stores (in Toronto, specifically)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We're building scores of 'em and shipping them out the door. Chance are your store is waiting for their distributor and receive and then announce its availability from them.

It all takes time. Patience is the only tool here.

Alan Emrich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Purple TripleCrown
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alan Emrich wrote:
We're building scores of 'em and shipping them out the door. Chance are your store is waiting for their distributor and receive and then announce its availability from them.

It all takes time. Patience is the only tool here.

Alan Emrich

It is a testament to the fact that you have a real winner on your hands with Darkest Night that your customers just can't wait to get their hands on the latest iteration of it!

Thanks for the quick turnaround with your update as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just ordered this from the VPG website.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven riola

joliet
Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:
I just ordered this from the VPG website.
i ordered last Sunday and it's hopefully going to be delivered by tomorrow because I fly out of town on Monday again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven riola

joliet
Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Came home from Atlanta to find the necromancer haunting my doorway!

This is my go to travel game, very excited to try out the new characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
Be sure to taste your words, before you spit them out.
badge
If you climb in the saddle, be ready for the ride.
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking forward to getting this expansion. My group is venturing into Darkest Night this evening...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Neill (Established 1949)
Scotland
Motherwell
Graduate of Barlinnie
flag msg tools
VENI, VIDI, VISA - my reaction on entering my FLGS.
badge
Like a good red wine, I improve with age... and being laid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ashitaka wrote:
...My group is venturing into Darkest Night this evening...

Boo!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Go
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
If you're having hull problems I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
badge
TauLeaderGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Will this be available from CoolStuffInc soon? It would finally tip my cart over the $100 free shipping threshold
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
CoolStuff hasn't placed an order for any... Actually, we haven't heard from them in while, now that you mention it.

Alan Emrich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hawkeye
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alan Emrich wrote:
CoolStuff hasn't placed an order for any... Actually, we haven't heard from them in while, now that you mention it.

Alan Emrich

I emailed them a month ago to ask when they would restock and they have yet to answer ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Moore
United States
Oxford
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Gotcha!
mbmbmbmbmb
VPG also sells through Amazon...played this weekend. The Darkness cards are beautiful and really change the game experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Purple TripleCrown
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just checked again today, and there is still no stock of this expansion in the 2 largest retail board game stores in Toronto.

I know, patience...., but surely a one month delay in getting the released game through to the distributor and then to the retail stores is costing VPG money?! No inventory = no sales in the retail business!

I've introduced Darkest Night to my game group, and it has been a big hit. 2 others in the group have bought the base game and first 2 expansions, which are readily available in Toronto. Like me, they are currently frustrated by not being able to get the 3rd expansion. I can't imagine that we are the only Toronto customers frustrated by this.

I'd like to know whether a direct order from VPG is, and will be, the only way to get this in any reasonable time frame (like, for instance, before the tastes of my gaming group move on to something else). I've already tried speaking with managers of the 2 stores, as well as placing a pre-order with one of them, to no effect. They aren't able to offer any explanation for the delay. Is VPG's Canadian distributor falling down on the job here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Purple TripleCrown
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, it's like finally scratching that itch you've had for days! From the Abyss finally arrived in stores here in Toronto today, and I raced to my FLGS to buy 2 of the 3 copies available. Looked through the Darkness deck and rules and I'm already in love with this tweak to the game! Will be playing this with my gaming group with all expansions in its full glory on Monday night!

p.s. Is it too greedy to ask the designer to keep going with more expansions? This has become my favorite multiplayer game by far!

p.p.s. It seems that I've become a bit of a VPG fan boy of late. Last night I played Circus Train, the night before was Cruel Necessity, last week was Last King of Scotland (really looking forward to the continuation of this series as well), and of course my weekly duel with the Necromancer in Darkest Night. If Moon Base Alpha becomes the monthly sale item this month, it's a clear auto-buy for me. Just to be clear, I'm not the pay of VPG. In fact, if you look at my game collection on BGG you'll find a very large number of Avalon Hill, Victory Games, SPI, Ravensburger, GMT and other games, and a relatively smaller list of VPG. I just think that in their recent releases VPG has really hit a sweet spot of balance between component quality (good choice to spend more on the components and less on the box), game design (no broken games, and nothing feels like a mechanic for its own sake in any of these games), great art, and of course price. Keep up the good work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Go
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
If you're having hull problems I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
badge
TauLeaderGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know about you guys, but I'm in need of that larger box now!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.