GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,610 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Greed» Forums » Rules

Subject: Another question with "next turn" cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sebastian
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I will describe my question by a concrete example:

Relocate!

"Next turn, any time you play an Holding, place as many markers..."

Well, my English is not perfect, but from my understanding "next turn" and "any time" don't fit together.

From "next turn" I think the effect will only take place the exact next turn (played in round 3, effect only in round 4).

From "any time" I think the effect will take place the next time I play a Holding (maybe in round 4, but even round 5 is possible).

I think the first interpretation is correct, but why is it "any time" ? You can only play one card - or do I miss anything?

Many thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Marshall
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the idea is that if somehow, you manage to play two holdings in your next turn, this would apply to both. I don't think there's any way to do this right now, but maybe Donald V. is looking forward to a possible expansion.

In any case, yes, "next turn" is the controlling factor. I agree that the wording is a bit confusing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
sneuhauss wrote:
Relocate!

"Next turn, any time you play an Holding, place as many markers..."

Well, my English is not perfect, but from my understanding "next turn" and "any time" don't fit together.

From "next turn" I think the effect will only take place the exact next turn (played in round 3, effect only in round 4).

From "any time" I think the effect will take place the next time I play a Holding (maybe in round 4, but even round 5 is possible).

I think the first interpretation is correct, but why is it "any time" ? You can only play one card - or do I miss anything?

Every time you play a Holding during that one turn, you put the markers on it.

Normally you can only play one card each turn. It's tricky but possible to play multiple Holdings following Relocate though. I play Louie "Savoir" O'Farrell; on my next turn I play Hideout and Relocate; and on my next turn I play two Holdings.

The wording isn't trying to support this unlikely case; I had to specify which Holding plays Relocate applied to and it seemed just as simple to have it apply to all of them rather than the first one (both ways of wording it equally create the question of, wait when can I play more than one). Maybe "every time" would have been clearer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.