Popular Tags: [View All]
Mitch Zuleger
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's say I have two Wood-Elf Archers in an army and play their ability card before the combat roll. I substitute two whit dice for two black dice. Now let's say I roll a 6 on both black dice. Does their "Hail of Darts" ability (which adds one damage) trigger once or twice? Should the result in my example be 4 damage or 3?

The rules and following example on page 27 of the rule book is not crystal clear.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Leitner
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mitch,

As I understand it, scoring a hit with a black die simply activates the maneuver. The number of black hits is irrelevant for this purpose. The maneuver either triggers or it doesn't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Zuleger
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Tom,

After re-reading that section I agree. Although it's not explicitly stated as such. And the example could have cleared it up.

So my win last night is invalidated. Those elves and lake men scored quite a few extra hits. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Leitner
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shhh. If you don't tell Keith, I won't either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Matejka
United States
Middleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
MDJD wrote:
Shhh. If you don't tell Keith, I won't either.

I subscribe to both of you fools. You can't hide from me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
If, after the Combat Roll and Leader Re–roll, at least one of the black dice scored a hit, the player may use the special ability of that unit type.

emphasis mine. ability triggers, or does not trigger, it is not one-per-die-result.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristoffer Widestam
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've played my two only games wrongly then as well, thanks to the not so clear example on page 27. We played it like that if you score a hit on a black die then you can use the unit’s maneuver ability times the amount of units of that type that you have in the army. Sort of a strength of force showing if you had a bunch of similar units in the same army.

That made a bunch of Lake-Men or Wood Elves Archers considerably tougher, which in all honestly they needed. Playing the game the way it’s presented here however, make them considerably weaker while making the Wargs really shine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.