J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Obama wrote:
We cannot erase every trace of evil from the world, and small groups of killers have the capacity to do great harm.

OMG! He's saying we are weak and the terrorists are able to get us! That's insane. What a fuck up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Leidich
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Did anyone here actually waste time listening to Obama talk?

Not me. I played games with my kids.

Of course you don't watch, you find out what to think and such from your private whackjob forums.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
Obama wrote:
We cannot erase every trace of evil from the world, and small groups of killers have the capacity to do great harm.

OMG! He's saying we are weak and the terrorists are able to get us! That's insane. What a fuck up.

But if evil can exist in the world with Obama, then he must not be all powerful or all benevolent!

I must admit I was playing some Skygrid and thought he had launched an all out attack or something based on your heading. You got me, pardner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Proprietor and Chairman Emeritus of The Naughty Palace
mb
Barack Obama was on tv tonite? That's weird. I coulda sworn I watched Dubya talk for 15 minutes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rhodes
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
As Seen on TV!
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:

That anyone can tolerate more than a few seconds of listening to any politician speak amazes me. Presidential debate season is hell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janelle Cooper
United States
Mound Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
"Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extaordinary destiny." C.S. Lewis
mbmbmbmbmb
"Has Obama gone insane?"

An interesting question.

Obama having gone insane would imply that Obama actually thought rather than simply having obeyed.

I don't think that is possible, since he is merely a construct of his creators and handlers. Therefore, he cannot have gone insane.

An interesting question indeed.

Is it worthwhile to listen to what the Construct in Chief has to say? Of course, what he reads off the teleprompter indicates what his creators and handlers have planned for the fate of this country, and is often the closest thing to "transparency in Government" that his handler's ever gift us with. Best to listen very carefully.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alaren
United States
flag msg tools
Turtle Power
badge
all the way down
mb
Barry O. wrote:
ISIL is not Islamic.

And no true Scotsman puts sugar on his porridge. Honestly, what a stupid thing to say.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
Wait, Obama spoke? Whatever. I was too busy having a martini. And watching the Phillies blow another lead to that team from the godforsaken part of the state.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
she2 wrote:
Wait, Obama spoke? Whatever. I was too busy having a martini. And watching the Phillies blow another lead to that team from the godforsaken part of the statecommonwealth.

You mean the part inside the border?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
mom4rmhell wrote:
*Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs*

I may regret asking but who exactly in your fantasy world do you think is giving Obama orders?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alaren wrote:
Barry O. wrote:
ISIL is not Islamic.

And no true Scotsman puts sugar on his porridge. Honestly, what a stupid thing to say.

It's not exactly stupid, it's an easily misconstrued attempt to characterize ISIL as extremists that have nothing to do with mainline Islam and do not represent the average Muslim you might meet in your own home town. The subtext being, just because we are going to be killing lots of people who happen to be Mulsim, don't go burning down Mosques and terrorizing law abiding Muslims at home.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
Alaren wrote:
Barry O. wrote:
ISIL is not Islamic.

It's not exactly stupid, it's an easily misconstrued attempt to characterize ISIL as extremists that have nothing to do with mainline Islam and do not represent the average Muslim you might meet in your own home town. The subtext being, just because we are going to be killing lots of people who happen to be Muslim, don't go burning down Mosques and terrorizing law abiding Muslims at home.

Why is this so hard to grasp? ISIS are Wahabiists. Yes, that is effectively a mainstream or at least traditional school of thought within Islam but it is also a fundamentalist and violent school of thought which has always been comparatively small.

EDIT:
Wikipedia dates in to only a few centuries old but it has roots at least going back to the beginning in one form or another.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wahhabi_movement
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:
TheChin! wrote:
Alaren wrote:
Barry O. wrote:
ISIL is not Islamic.

It's not exactly stupid, it's an easily misconstrued attempt to characterize ISIL as extremists that have nothing to do with mainline Islam and do not represent the average Muslim you might meet in your own home town. The subtext being, just because we are going to be killing lots of people who happen to be Mulsim, don't go burning down Mosques and terrorizing law abiding Muslims at home.

Why is this so hard to grasp? ISIS are Wahabiists. Yes, that is effectively a mainstream or at least traditional school of thought within Islam but it is also a fundamentalist and violent school of thought which has always been comparatively small.

EDIT:
Wikipedia dates in to on;y a few centuries old but it has roots at least going back to the beginning in one form or another.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:

Because even though the Average American seems to be able to comprehend that there are numerous shades and flavors of Christianity, they can't figure out that Islam is the same way. As such, Obama feels he needs to couch his language in simplistic terms to keep people from doing stupid things to innocent people.

I doubt it will do much good, since ignorant "patriots" will terrorize similarly skin-shaded people like Indians (from India), and have in the past during open hostilities. They don't usually stop and try to identify their victims based on any facts. They are like pit bulls that just need to attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadrach wrote:
whac3 wrote:
TheChin! wrote:
Alaren wrote:
Barry O. wrote:
ISIL is not Islamic.

EDIT:
Wikipedia dates in to on;y a few centuries old but it has roots at least going back to the beginning in one form or another.

Drat you! Now my typos are enshrined forever on this thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Linden
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Social Justice Wargamer
mbmbmbmbmb
mom4rmhell wrote:
"Has Obama gone insane?"

An interesting question.

Obama having gone insane would imply that Obama actually thought rather than simply having obeyed.

I don't think that is possible, since he is merely a construct of his creators and handlers. Therefore, he cannot have gone insane.

An interesting question indeed.

Is it worthwhile to listen to what the Construct in Chief has to say? Of course, what he reads off the teleprompter indicates what his creators and handlers have planned for the fate of this country, and is often the closest thing to "transparency in Government" that his handler's ever gift us with. Best to listen very carefully.

Oh man, this is really exciting! A new conservative talking point: the President isn't really a person.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ExcitingJeff wrote:

Oh man, this is really exciting! A new conservative talking point: the President isn't really a person.

With an added dash of hyperbole, it's kind of what far left liberals think also. Once a Democrat candidate actually get into the Oval Office (or Congress for the most part) they become party robots that become much more moderate and lose/sacrifice their ideals and consequently can't follow through on their campaign promises that lured Liberals into voting them in in the first place. They are beholden, both from their campaign and from their Democrat links, to so many people that satisfying them becomes more important than their constituency at large. Not that this isn't the same for the GOP, it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:
Shadrach wrote:
whac3 wrote:
TheChin! wrote:
Alaren wrote:
Barry O. wrote:
ISIL is not Islamic.

EDIT:

Drat you! Now my typos are enshrined forever on this thread.

Sorry phone decided to not input *any* of my post.

Basically what chin said but I give us less credit. People know Christian denominatioms exist, but they couldn't tell them apart really.

Now put an ocean between us and them and we have no brainspace for it. It's only been a decade we have known Sunni and Shia exist. We have no idea what they mean but we know they exist.

I wish I could link the video of hank hill asking his neighbor 'are you Japanese, or Chinese?'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:
TheChin! wrote:
Alaren wrote:
Barry O. wrote:
ISIL is not Islamic.

It's not exactly stupid, it's an easily misconstrued attempt to characterize ISIL as extremists that have nothing to do with mainline Islam and do not represent the average Muslim you might meet in your own home town. The subtext being, just because we are going to be killing lots of people who happen to be Muslim, don't go burning down Mosques and terrorizing law abiding Muslims at home.

EDIT:
Wikipedia dates in to only a few centuries old but it has roots at least going back to the beginning in one form or another.

Wahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabi!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Eldard
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
Obama wrote:

He must know what he's talking about. In 2009, some Norwegians awarded him a Nobel Peace Prize for . . . uh . . . because . . . ?? . . . TILT! GAME OVER zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Drew1365 wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Simon Mueller wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:

Last time you mentioned it, you said you had no kids. Should I say mazal tov?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:
Simon Mueller wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
[article=16860055][/article]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:

Actually he's ribbing Drew about claiming he didn't care what Obama had to say because he gamed with his kids instead, but then finding the time to link us a criticism of Obama's words now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.