-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For Today's Daily Deal CSI is offering the recently reprinted and exceptionally well regarded BattleCon: Devastation of Indines for $39.99 (20% off their usual $49.99 and 47% off the MSRP of $75)

BGG Link: BattleCon: Devastation of Indines
BGG Rating: 8.68/10
Players: 1-5 / best with 2 / Recommended with 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5
Playing Time: 45 min
MSRP: $75
Amazon: ~$55 (w/ shipping)
MM: Out of Stock
WD: $46.49
CH: $48.99
BoardGamePrices.com
Spielboy Price History
CamelCamelCamel Price History
eBay Price History (new copies)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
While your execution is beyond compare, you were about an hour too late:

BattleCON: Devastation of Indines CSI $39.99

Who new that breaking hot deals was so competitive!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Misterboy wrote:

I'm never in a rush to be first, otherwise I wouldn't be taking the time to compile all the extra info.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Sanchez
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Love the extra info!

What do you think of the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dickie Z
United States
Queens
New York
flag msg tools
mb
great game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:
Misterboy wrote:

I'm never in a rush to be first, otherwise I wouldn't be taking the time to compile all the extra info.

I like the extra info. I'm not a fan of double postings though.

I just hope you're getting a kick-back from CSI.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nexbot wrote:
Love the extra info!

What do you think of the game?

I've heard nothing but awesome things but can't speak personally as I've only just received my copy this week from White Dragon. (and for $6.50 more dagnabbit!)

Misterboy wrote:
I like the extra info. I'm not a fan of double postings though.

I just hope you're getting a kick-back from CSI.

I wish! You can be my agent and take a commission if you want to broker a deal for me Dan. laugh

They've been very good to me over the years (and I even have a permanent memorial on their site) but I still regularly pimp White Dragon, Miniature Market, Cardhaus, and TimeWellSpent just as hard.

It's true, I'm fickle and will just follow the hottest deal of the moment. modest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Clausing
United States
Winfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Misterboy wrote:

... But he took the time to embed a picture.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TJ Terry
United States
Nowhere
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got mine at my FLGS and me and my wife love the game. Doesn't take too long to play and the variety of characters is amazing. At that price a steal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What you're getting in this box is INSANE value. Miles deep, tons of characters to play, enough options for gameplay that it would take you a loooooong time to play anything approaching the exact same game twice, if you were so inclined.

Gameplay takes some wrapping your head around, but this game is worth the effort.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So so much for your dollar even at retail, this is a steal. I'm tempted to get one to just get one for a holiday gift.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb K.
United States
LaVergne
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, between CSI running Battlecon and MM running a deal on Eclipse, this is a good day for daily deals.

I already own Battlecon, paid $75 for it and it has been the most worthwhile purchase I have ever made. Amazing game, so much replay value, so much to explore, nothing compares to it as far as extreme value to quality ratio is concerned.

In fact, according to the creator, Level 99 games lost quite a bit of money on the kickstarter for this game because they packed way more stuff in the box than they were charging for it. This is one company that cares way more about making a quality game than making a quality buck.

At this crazy good price, I am so tempted to buy another one so that I can do mirror matches haha.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
mbmbmbmbmb
How does BattleCon compare with Sentinels of the Multiverse? I already have the Sentinels base game and most of the expansions. Is it worth spending another $40 on battleCon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
otis
United States
choctaw
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mb
This makes me sad. I just bought this game from CSI last Thursday. Had i only waited one week....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Skull
msg tools
BattleCon and Sentinels have as much to do with each other as Race for the Galaxy has to do with Agricola.

SotM is co-op card based boss battles. BattleCon is a card game representation of a 1v1 fighting game. Limited number of cards, simultaneous reveal of chosen moves, used moves cycle through discards through two turns so each side has perfect information of what the other can do at any moment.

The quickest demo you can get other than youtubing gameplay is the free Iphone app but it is buggy and tricky to read and generally not pleasant but perfectly playable if you want a bite of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
mbmbmbmbmb
RollingSkull wrote:
BattleCon and Sentinels have as much to do with each other as Race for the Galaxy has to do with Agricola.

SotM is co-op card based boss battles. BattleCon is a card game representation of a 1v1 fighting game. Limited number of cards, simultaneous reveal of chosen moves, used moves cycle through discards through two turns so each side has perfect information of what the other can do at any moment.

The quickest demo you can get other than youtubing gameplay is the free Iphone app but it is buggy and tricky to read and generally not pleasant but perfectly playable if you want a bite of the game.

Hey, what are you trying to do, make me spend $40? (Actually, $100 for the free shipping . . . )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
joe_salamone wrote:
RollingSkull wrote:

Hey, what are you trying to do, make me spend $40? (Actually, $100 for the free shipping . . . )

Let me just put it this way--for the amount of stuff and gameplay in this box, you'll be embarrassed for other publishers who put out product that costs the same as this but has far, far less of, well, everything inside.

I know it sounds like hyperbole on my part, and I have no relationship or stake in Level99, other than recognizing they put together great games that are ridiculous values for the money.

For $40? Go get it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy R
United States
Germantown
Ohio
flag msg tools
Nothing but the rain.
badge
Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends dimensions of time and space.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just looking for some general info about it as this deal interests me. My wife is a big Mortal Kombat/ Street Fighter fan from when she was younger; however, she is not a heavy board gamer (think Carcassonne, Bang! The Dice Game, Battleship, Coup, Love Letter weight). Would this game be quick/easy enough to teach her and does it retain the same anxious feeling you get in the video game versions (the tension at the end of fights, the cool moves, etc.) Obviously it will miss out on quick reflexes and button mashing, but for those of you who love video games like this, does it do a good job of turning a fighting game into a board game. Also, do the battles stay pretty even between players or are run away battles a common occurrence? And finally, are you able to play multiple fights at the same time with the components that come in the box (think 2-3 games at a time if you want to simulate a tournament)? Thanks ahead of time for the help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Zhou
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
How does BattleCon compare to Summoner Wars: Master Set? I want to get it but I have quite a few 2-player skirmish games already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Strickland
United States
Decatur
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Archibaldo wrote:
Just looking for some general info about it as this deal interests me. My wife is a big Mortal Kombat/ Street Fighter fan from when she was younger; however, she is not a heavy board gamer (think Carcassonne, Bang! The Dice Game, Battleship, Coup, Love Letter weight). Would this game be quick/easy enough to teach her and does it retain the same anxious feeling you get in the video game versions (the tension at the end of fights, the cool moves, etc.) Obviously it will miss out on quick reflexes and button mashing, but for those of you who love video games like this, does it do a good job of turning a fighting game into a board game. Also, do the battles stay pretty even between players or are run away battles a common occurrence? And finally, are you able to play multiple fights at the same time with the components that come in the box (think 2-3 games at a time if you want to simulate a tournament)? Thanks ahead of time for the help!

I bought this three weeks ago at $50 and would buy another copy in a heartbeat. If you even kind of like fighting games, this game does just about everything you asked about: it is very tense, every match seems more dynamic and strategic than the last, and while you can get blown out, it is not common. The games are quick and you'll figure out how to counter quickly and every match is winnable. It is a great game for 2-4 players to learn together as the the game's depth reveals itself over multiple plays. And to Ken B's point, there is a TON of content. It will take you months to scratch the surface of the options even if you played everyday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Walker
United States
Chuluota
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Must.....stop.....reading.....thread...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Strickland
United States
Decatur
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
danithaca wrote:
How does BattleCon compare to Summoner Wars: Master Set? I want to get it but I have quite a few 2-player skirmish games already.

Hard for me to compare because they are such different experiences. Both are very good, though I think Battlecon has the edge in depth of play and variation of the box. In the Master Set, you get 6 armies to play, while in Battlecon you get 30 fighters plus additional game modes (co-op dungeons). I would say if I had to pick one or the other right now, I'd pick Battlecon no questions asked.

I know it seems like a lot of hyperbole. I saw the high amount of praise heaped on Battlecon and wondered if it really could be as good as all the evangelists said. But it is that good. The design is elegant and easy to understand with incredible depth, there is SO MUCH GAME, and the sheer number of playstyles you have access to is almost mind-boggling. The game design is great, the presentation is great, the art is great, and the value in the box is sky-high. If you have ever liked a fighting game like Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat, you should buy it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
danithaca wrote:

Not really in the same space at all, I think. Summoner Wars has essentially always been Heroscape on a small map (that's not an insult, that's a compliment), whereas Battlecon is a fighting game, 1v1 (well, most of the time, plenty of variants for more players/fighters) and is about that whole fighting game thing of out-thinking and out-positioning your opponent. There is also a spatial element in Battlecon that's missing from the otherwise excellent Yomi.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Volk
United States
Richfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
http://www.mortificationofspin.org/
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in. I already had an order open at CSI waiting for Machi Koro.

Thanks for enabling, BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce McLeod
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a game I was looking for...but I'll take the deal to break it out occasionally with my friend when I can. It also helps to have friends who will fill out the order to get up to free shipping!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.