GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,519 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
16 Posts

Guardians' Chronicles» Forums » News

Subject: Will this be at Essen? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ronja Räubertochter
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

I already tried the prototype at Essen 2013, where it was initially announced as a new release, and I really liked it back then. Then this KS disaster happened and now it's back on the Essen preview list for this year.
So will this really be available at Essen this year or will another year pass by until I'll be able to buy it at the Spiel?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu BONIN
France
Villeurbanne
flag msg tools
publisher
I no longer work for IELLO.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The game should be featured at Essen this year as a new release, available for sale, and not just a preview.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Silbernagel
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So what about some news for all the backers. You guys have been totally silent for almost two months.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu BONIN
France
Villeurbanne
flag msg tools
publisher
I no longer work for IELLO.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Obsidian3d wrote:
So what about some news for all the backers. You guys have been totally silent for almost two months.
Sorry, I can't speak for the US Team.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronja Räubertochter
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mattintheweb wrote:
The game should be featured at Essen this year as a new release, available for sale, and not just a preview.


Great news! Thank you!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Concepcion
United States
lititz
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mattintheweb wrote:
Obsidian3d wrote:
So what about some news for all the backers. You guys have been totally silent for almost two months.
Sorry, I can't speak for the US Team.



Well would you mind telling them to stop on over to the kickstarter and tell us US backers whats going on with shipment? Incredible how you can just wash your hands of it; seeing how you're all the same company you would think that customer satisfaction would be important.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronja Räubertochter
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dimmok wrote:

Well would you mind telling them to stop on over to the kickstarter and tell us US backers whats going on with shipment? Incredible how you can just wash your hands of it; seeing how you're all the same company you would think that customer satisfaction would be important.



Hey, no need to be nasty. It's not like it's his fault the US team insisted that only they be allowed to post updates on KS.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lester Festertester
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So happy i got a refund for this!!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Concepcion
United States
lititz
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Garfielda wrote:
dimmok wrote:

Well would you mind telling them to stop on over to the kickstarter and tell us US backers whats going on with shipment? Incredible how you can just wash your hands of it; seeing how you're all the same company you would think that customer satisfaction would be important.



Hey, no need to be nasty. It's not like it's his fault the US team insisted that only they be allowed to post updates on KS.


I would say I was being nasty, angry maybe but even that would be a stretch. I still don't understand why you would as a company not take a hands on approach in to what the other is doing to its reputation as a whole. Even franchise companies get involved to a degree if one of their chains are bringing down their rep; so the least he can do is pass along the message. And as far as I am concerned its all of their faults and they should take ownership.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu BONIN
France
Villeurbanne
flag msg tools
publisher
I no longer work for IELLO.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dimmok wrote:
Garfielda wrote:
dimmok wrote:

Well would you mind telling them to stop on over to the kickstarter and tell us US backers whats going on with shipment? Incredible how you can just wash your hands of it; seeing how you're all the same company you would think that customer satisfaction would be important.



Hey, no need to be nasty. It's not like it's his fault the US team insisted that only they be allowed to post updates on KS.


I would say I was being nasty, angry maybe but even that would be a stretch. I still don't understand why you would as a company not take a hands on approach in to what the other is doing to its reputation as a whole. Even franchise companies get involved to a degree if one of their chains are bringing down their rep; so the least he can do is pass along the message. And as far as I am concerned its all of their faults and they should take ownership.
Not speaking for them doesn't mean I'm not trying to help so they can improve the communication for the this KS campaign. And I'll keep trying.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronja Räubertochter
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dimmok wrote:
I would say I was being nasty


Well, I'm glad you agree.

Anyway, maybe nasty was a bit of a strong word, but still.
This thread wasn't about the Kickstarter campaign. I'm not a backer asking for an update, I am just another gamer asking if this will be for sale at Essen. Matthieu was so nice to take the time to answer the question. And not by sending me a geekmail, mind you, but by posting the answer in this thread for everyone interested to see, including dissatisfied backers looking for news. So he pretty much "passed along the message", as you put it.
I do get that you and many others are angry about the way the campaign and maybe everything connected to it was handled, but I think there are many other threads which have already made that clear and I don't see the point in bringing it up again in a thread which isn't connected to the Kickstarter at all.
Also, I don't think it's fair to blame every person who works for a company for a mistake that has been made by others. It's just not right and no-one would want to be treated like that for themselves.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Concepcion
United States
lititz
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Point is that any thread regarding a game that was kickstarted is about the kickstarter period. And as I said he is part of that company and being so I'm sure HE understands that this will happen.

The biggest problem with the whole thing is that all it takes is for some communication form them and that's it. I was for a long time one of the few that tried to be understanding of the situation and didn't care as much about the figures but the continued lack of communication is sad. So if you really understood the anger and disappointment the backers are going through then you would keep your comment to yourself.

@Mattintheweb Thank you for passing along my message its a shame that this kickstarer has put a stain on iello; I am still very excited to get this game in my hands and I hope its soon.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronja Räubertochter
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dimmok wrote:
The Point is that any thread regarding a game that was kickstarted is about the kickstarter period.

[...]

So if you really understood the anger and disappointment the backers are going through then you would keep your comment to yourself.



I'm sorry but I disagree. This thread is about Essen and the possibility to buy this particular game at the fair. I should know, I started it.

You made it about Kickstarter. Maybe for you those things link automatically, for me they don't. Sorry. But as my question has long been answered anyway, please let's just stop arguing as we clearly won't come to an agreement.

Also, about the keeping my comments to myself, I'd like to quote "The Geisha" here: What better advice to follow than your own.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Belgium
flag msg tools
Will the game that you are selling at essen be in english And do you have any idea on pricing?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronja Räubertochter
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Banemus wrote:
Will the game that you are selling at essen be in english And do you have any idea on pricing?


All these information can be found on BGG's Spiel 2014 Preview.
Language: English
Price: €64 (€60 in the Iello pre-order)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve R Bullock
United States
Palm Coast
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty sad when you think about it.

Over a year late and the only people who can get their hands on an English copy of the game has to journey to Essen.

Never have I been so utterly disappointed with a Kick Starter as I have with this one...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.