GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,487 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Eldritch Horror: Forsaken Lore» Forums » General

Subject: Forsaken Lore Re-issue Date? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nacho Fist
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hello all. I have been playing eldritch horror with my friend's copy of the game, and I really want to buy it for myself. The problem is that the forsaken lore expansion cannot be found anywhere in the states. I have called all the gaming stores in my area, and have done extensive online searches. I have been told that it is out of print right now.

My question is does anyone know if fantasy flight will be reissuing this expansion, and if so, do you happen to know when??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Deep_Purple wrote:
Hello all. I have been playing eldritch horror with my friend's copy of the game, and I really want to buy it for myself. The problem is that the forsaken lore expansion cannot be found anywhere in the states. I have called all the gaming stores in my area, and have done extensive online searches. I have been told that it is out of print right now.

My question is does anyone know if fantasy flight will be reissuing this expansion, and if so, do you happen to know when??

A good place to look is FFGs upcoming list

This shows a reprint due in Q4 this year, currently on the boat from the printers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nacho Fist
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Ah, I did not realize that. Thank you! Good to know it is coming back out soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan A
United States
flag msg tools
I have to admit...

I gave in and overpaid for a copy on eBay (~$30 including shipping). I've been checking every other day or so and these are basically nonexistent on eBay as well, so I just gobbled it up.

I'm new to board gaming.

Is it common for games to go out of print for long periods of time? Even popular & current games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's common for less popular games to go out of print. It's unusual for popular FFG games to go 'out of print' at all. What happens is that stocks get depleted and there may be a delay before FFG gets more copies out into distribution channels. This is almost certainly what has happened here: a popular game has sold out and a reprint hasn't yet hit distribution. You may have jumped the gun, but if you really couldn't wait, you paid what you considered to be an acceptable price through secondary markets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ninja_Bob wrote:

Is it common for games to go out of print for long periods of time? Even popular & current games?

Yes, especially if you see the name "ZMan" on the box.

And, as stated above, this wouldn't be exactly what is meant by the expression "out of print," but I understand what you mean (and the upshot is the same whilst the drought is in effect).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan A
United States
flag msg tools
For anyone who is really desperate (US only?), there is at least 1 copy for sale right now from an Amazon retailer here: http://www.amazon.com/Eldritch-Horror-Forsaken-Lore-Expansio...

But it'll cost you $38 + $2 shipping.

edit: Looks like someone gobbled it up already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrik G
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up a spanking new FS yesterday here in Sweden. So it should be becoming more available now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Orrsjö
Sweden
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Where did you find it? It seems still not to be available in SF-bokhandeln.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrik G
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ErkaDevil wrote:
Where did you find it? It seems still not to be available in SF-bokhandeln.

The store is called Playoteket, in Lund. They're only on Facebook however

Edit: http://speljatten.shop.textalk.se/speljatten seems to have in stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Resner
United States
austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/200657

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.