GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,281 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

Doomtown: Reloaded» Forums » General

Subject: Significant flaw in the cards printed,... and nobody has posted it yet. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Sexton
United States
Silver Lake
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm shocked nobody has mentioned this yet. I've picked up two different starter sets from different distributors, so I don't think this is a rare problem.

When you open up your set you will notice that the cards are divided into several cellophane wrapped packs. Look at the card back of the last card in the pack. EVERY card will be marked by a weird streak in the area of the lower right and left corners.

This flaw doesn't seem to be that bad at first, but it is significant enough so that you can't help but unsee the flaw. The cards are effectively marked for me.

I'm not done opening all of my packs either, but I've already found 2 of notorious "WTF" cards. I'll need to sit down and do a complete inventory tonight.

Seems like AEG needs to have a chat with the Printer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomasz Wawrzyszko
Poland
flag msg tools
its common thing... check forums... and i would suggest send AEG mail with pics of the flaws, and ask for replacement, as its clearly fabric flaw.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't seen this issue on mine. I had one missing card, and a couple of mis-cut cards that marked the backs. AEG has already mailed out my replacements. I'm sure they can do the same for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Sexton
United States
Silver Lake
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zurimbarai wrote:
its common thing... check forums... and i would suggest send AEG mail with pics of the flaws, and ask for replacement, as its clearly fabric flaw.

Thank you for your suggestion, but I did, and if you look back over the BGG forum posts you'll see that there are none that address this issue. Perhaps you are talking about another forum or another problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bob frapples
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not on any of my cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lester Ortiz
Puerto Rico
Dorado
Puerto Rico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
scottatlaw wrote:
Zurimbarai wrote:

Thank you for your suggestion, but I did, and if you look back over the BGG forum posts you'll see that there are none that address this issue. Perhaps you are talking about another forum or another problem.

Todd from AEG replies about the WTF card issue in this topic on the forums here:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1233641/strange-card-my-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Sexton
United States
Silver Lake
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ace Attorney wrote:
scottatlaw wrote:
Zurimbarai wrote:

Todd from AEG replies about the WTF card issue in this topic on the forums here:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1233641/strange-card-my-...

Yes, there was one thread on the WTF cards, but that was not the main issue I was discussing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Lima
Brazil
Sorocaba
SP
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pics please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Llessur Nosnikliw
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I opened my set last Friday, a few cards in the center of the preconstructed Law Dogs intro deck were slightly pressed in the middle top of the card (like they banged against something either in shipment or fabrication) but I'm not to stressed since I sleeve with opaque sleeves anyways.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Larner
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Which cards does this effect? I'd like to check, but don't know which cards to look at.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Sexton
United States
Silver Lake
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm at work so I'll check later today at home. It is always the final card in the pack.

I know one of them is the Morgan Cattle home and another is The Stakes Just Rose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Meike
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here. Move along.
badge
Ah flotes muh armees atchu!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just opened a couple new base sets with this in mind.

The cards affected are Doyle's Hoyle, Ramiro Mendoza, The Stakes Just Rose, Sun in Yer Eyes, and the Morgan Cattle Company outfit card. Naturally the outfit card doesn't affect gameplay much.

Upper left side on the back. The mark ranges from a light scuff to a white mark on the black border. It's right around the same area where the plastic wrap opening thread sits, so it might be due to that.

It's really slight, but it does stand out a bit. Only if you were looking for it, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Sexton
United States
Silver Lake
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The problem is that once you notice it, you can't stop noticing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Meike
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here. Move along.
badge
Ah flotes muh armees atchu!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just posted scans to the AEG boards. We'll see if anyone there can give an official answer on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.