United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In lieu of a poster, here are a few reasons to nominate (and then vote for) Battleground: Fantasy Warfare in the Wargame category.

1. It's a great game. Despite being only a year old, Battleground: Fantasy Warfare is already in the Geek's top 200, with 194 ratings and an average of 8.0. Moreover, even some of our mediocre ratings come from people who dislike the category but give praise to Battleground as a game within the category. Consider these comments from BGGers who gave us two of our "5" ratings:

Quote:
This is a miniatures game with cards instead of figures, which is why it is rated low for me as I am not the biggest fan of miniature games. But, if I ever feel the need to play a minis game I will play this instead.

Quote:
Sure, not having to paint and assemble is nice, but its still a miniatures game when the day is over and done with and consequently carries its stigma. I will say the command point mechanic is quite brilliant in evoking the field general feeling, however, and should be commended for its prowess.

If that doesn’t convince you, listen to the Dice Tower, roll2d6.com or itstime4games.com. Read the reviews here as well as in Counter magazine, gamingreport.com, rpg.net, theminiaturespage.com, Ogrecave.com and elsewhere. Better yet, try it out yourself.

2. It's a revolutionary product. Battleground is a miniatures game without minis and a customizable card game that isn't collectible. In a gaming world where companies try to make their game as expensive as possible to keep up with, Battleground lets two people play a small game with one deck ($14.95 MSRP) and caps what you’ll ever need for a complete army/faction at two decks.

3. It’s a BoardGameGeek game. Browse the forums and see how many posts and questions get answered by one of Your Move Game’s owners. OK, me. I’ll be running a dealer table at BGG.CON. I love the Geek...can I get some back?

4. We’re a small company. What does that have to do with Battleground as a game? Nothing...but it does mean that we got our reviews and BGG ratings and 400 members in our Yahoo Group with almost no advertising budget. It also means that we care a lot more about awards than larger companies – if we win, the Golden Geek will appear on Battleground packaging and promo materials for as long as the game exists.

5. If we win, they'll finally have to give me my 'designer' and 'publisher' badges!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Heaton
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the concept behind this game. I wish that you would expand it to other periods; ancients/medieval comes to mind first (and could be used with the fantasy decks), but napoleonic and civil war come close behind. These are three of the four most popular historical wargame periods out there (WWII being the other).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We plan to -- look for an announcement for our 2007 plans soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls