Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Kewley
United States
Mandeville
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can anyone explain how this "Box" is supposed to be used? Since the level of the insert does not meet the bottom of the box top, to use it would require the box to stay flat. You cannot use anything as an insert cover because the middle row requires the pieces to extend into the space between the insert and the box cover.

I have to believe that there was some design behind this box storage approach. What was it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
With all the KS extras there was no way for it all to fit so sadly had to remove it. Now I got every platoon in its own bag and that works pretty good. I put an identifier sticker on each bag so its easier to find stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Kewley
United States
Mandeville
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just so I understand, I just paid (was not a Kickstarter) $32.00 for three units, unnecessary dice and order tokens, and a box?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use the box to store my German units. Each is in a ziplock bag with a printed identifier label. Also has the order tokens, dice, and cards for German player. I have the KS so have a ton of German units and just barely fit in the box. So you'll appreciate having the box if you get the extra units down the road.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
House of Cards
United States
Abingdon
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
dakjck wrote:
Just so I understand, I just paid (was not a Kickstarter) $32.00 for three units, unnecessary dice and order tokens, and a box?

Could be worse! Could of paid $48.00 MSRP. I picked up the box at the FLGS and noticed it had almost zero weight for such a large box. Shook it to make sure it wasn't empty by mistake. Turned the box over to read the contents of the box and saw $48.00 for effectively three punchboards. Placed it back on the shelf for perhaps another day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's actually 4 punch boards as I remember. And if you don't have the huge number of add-on units that were in the KS you can actually use the insert. The problem is there are so many platoons now that they don't fit any longer.

Down the road we'll need another box to keep it all organized. Though I'm kind of in content overload as it is since there's enough to play for years!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Who
msg tools
mb
MSRP of the punch boards is 9.99...so the box is fairly priced, though it is a bit much though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.