Matthieu BONIN
France
Villeurbanne
flag msg tools
publisher
I no longer work for IELLO.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Deinko designed 6 promo tiles, and asked each of their international partners (like Stuntkite or IELLO) to pick Heroes based on their own national History. So basically, we'll be releasing the exact same tiles, but with Charles De Gaulle, Louis XIV and Clovis instead of Nixon, Benjamin Franklin and Pacal…

Same layout, same hero powers, different art, different hero name.
Surely, it would not be a good idea to use several of those promo sets together in the same game.

So I wonder: should there be a whole different entry for each promo tile set from around the world, or should this entry be renamed and have all the different, localized art added as different versions?

Thanks for your help…
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
I would suggest that this game entry be renamed, and then handle each publisher's promos as a separate version under this main entry. By the way, Matthieu, is there any chance that you would have an extra French set of promo cards? I've pre-ordered the American version, but would love a set of the French characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu BONIN
France
Villeurbanne
flag msg tools
publisher
I no longer work for IELLO.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yokiboy wrote:
I would suggest that this game entry be renamed, and then handle each publisher's promos as a separate version under this main entry.
I'm thinking the same.
Yokiboy wrote:
By the way, Matthieu, is there any chance that you would have an extra French set of promo cards? I've pre-ordered the American version, but would love a set of the French characters.
We haven't received the games nor the promos yet, and probably won't before Essen.
Anyway, I'm pretty sure we will use the French promos only for the French(-speaking) market, as we're not selling the game in any other languages (and they will be in French, too… ).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
Mattintheweb wrote:
Anyway, I'm pretty sure we will use the French promos only for the French(-speaking) market, as we're not selling the game in any other languages (and they will be in French, too… ).

How sad, I'd like to get Louis XIV, and the others for some variety.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Soonsin Lee
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I play with Blue
mbmbmbmbmb
Yokiboy wrote:
I would suggest that this game entry be renamed, and then handle each publisher's promos as a separate version under this main entry. By the way, Matthieu, is there any chance that you would have an extra French set of promo cards? I've pre-ordered the American version, but would love a set of the French characters.

Good idea, maybe rename it something like promo pack and then the different versions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.