J. H. Horatio
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
The Future is a Game
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok. I think I'll put these things out there every now and again. I'll list out two teams and basic actions, and if you want to play it, go ahead cause it should be fun!

Team 1:
Mr Fantastic: brilliant scientist
Green Goblin: "Gobby"
Punisher: McRook
Rogue: Anna Raven
Thing: Grim Ben
Mystique: Could be Anyone
Prof. X: Principal
Hulk: Annihilator

Team 2:
Nick Fury: Mr Anger
Angel: High Ground
Captain America: American Hero
Human Torch: Johnny Storm
Nightcrawler: Fuzzy Elf
War Machine: Combat Comrade
Iron Man: Billionaire
Thor: Legendary Warrior

Basic Actions
Power Bolt
Thrown Car
Smash!
Teamwork

I think this will produce some fun games! Let me know how it goes!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john withers
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That looks like 2 fun sets, but I'm disappointed. I thought preset scenario was going to be a tad more:

These two thematic teams are really working toward ___________.

For instance, an Uncanny instance, Scott Somers and Jean "Marvel Girl" Grey have to battle the nefarious Mr. Sinister and his minions, because Mr. Sinister wants to combine their DNA into an evil baby to ensure a dark future for mankind ruled by mutants. So, if Scott and Jean stand against Mr. Sinister and defeat him in battle they automatically win the game. However, if Mr. Sinister defeats them, he can abduct them and experiment on them and humanity is doomed--instant evil win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BigIV wrote:
That looks like 2 fun sets, but I'm disappointed. I thought preset scenario was going to be a tad more:

For instance, an Uncanny instance, Scott Somers and Jean "Marvel Girl" Grey have to battle the nefarious Mr. Sinister and his minions, because Mr. Sinister wants to combine their DNA into an evil baby to ensure a dark future for mankind ruled by mutants. So, if Scott and Jean stand against Mr. Sinister and defeat him in battle they automatically win the game. However, if Mr. Sinister defeats them, he can abduct them and experiment on them and humanity is doomed--instant evil win.

Me too...

I do not like either team, team one costs too much for dice, and team 2 is too dependent on Human Torch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john withers
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Uncanny Preset Scenario
Bishop.
Wolverine.

If Bishop assassinates Wolverine he wins automatically because it will reset the future and keep Wolverine from assassinating President Kelly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. H. Horatio
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
The Future is a Game
mbmbmbmbmb
Mabuchi wrote:
BigIV wrote:

Me too...

I do not like either team, team one costs too much for dice, and team 2 is too dependent on Human Torch.

Boy oh boy, tough crowd. Of course, one option would have been to just set up those teams, had a nice balanced game and see if you liked it, but I guess knee-jerk complaining about them is more fun.

That sounds like a good idea to include a little story behind the match up, though. Could be pretty cool. I'll probably do that for next time. In the meantime, you're free to make up a story for yourself and post it here if you want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jhoratio wrote:
Mabuchi wrote:
BigIV wrote:

Me too...

Boy oh boy, tough crowd. Of course, one option would have been to just set up those teams, had a nice balanced game and see if you liked it, but I guess knee-jerk complaining about them is more fun.

That sounds like a good idea to include a little story behind the match up, though. Could be pretty cool. I'll probably do that for next time. In the meantime, you're free to make up a story for yourself and post it here if you want.

It is Friday, but I have to work Saturday too, so that may explain the knee jerk.
I always try to build teams with 2,3,4,5,6 power characters so I have a hard time liking teams that do not do that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. H. Horatio
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
The Future is a Game
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a problem. Though it sounds like you need to expand your horizons a bit with this game. When it comes to draft teams you don't always get exactly what you want, but then again, neither does your opponent, so...balance. Let me know how your games go!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played in two events so far, first outing was more casual play with pre built teams, I went 5-0, last night was a rainbow draft op event, and I went 2-1. I lost to a human torch Johnny Storm. I did a punisher, bolt BAC combo to great effect and the Johnny Storm rolled so many side kicks. I still dont know how to counter him effectively in a draft.

I do play a variety of teams, but I try to stagger my card costs at all times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.