GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,610 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Keep Up The Fire!» Forums » Rules

Subject: Event Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike C
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
Some event cards say "Resolve Immediately" and then "For the rest of the game". An Example would be the Red/Blue "Frank Gamewell ans the Fighting Parsons" event card which allows a +1 fortification at the beginning of the Action Segment if fortification is at 0. Does this mean this card is essentially retained and every turn for the rest of the game it's applies accordingly?

The reason I ask is there are other event cards that specifically say "retain the card", but some (like the Gamewell card mentioned above) do not, but yet seem to essentially be retained...if I'm understanding the rules correctly or course. I want to make sure I'm not missing something!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Welch
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike - thanks for the question. For the card you mention, the "For the rest of the game" means that you can keep the card until the criteria is met i.e. Fortifications are at 0 to get a one time increase to Fortification Level 1 without using an action...after that, Frank and the Parsons are worn out :-) So it's a one time use card but you get to decide when to use it.

Hope that helps and enjoy the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm...thanks for the clarification...seems I've been playing that one wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike C
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
Thank you for the clarification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.