GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,487 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Aphicha Phawapaphawin
Thailand
Rat Burana
Bangkok
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The final scenario of adventaure path B is "Into the Eye"
It has only 1 location and without any Blessing Deck.
So, the rules apply for blessing is gone.

Does that mean "if you cannot win this scenario, YOU ALL DIE"?

If the answer is no, how to escape this scenario for replay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffen Onkes
Germany
Norden
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
armourer84 wrote:

Does that mean "if you cannot win this scenario, YOU ALL DIE"?

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Yes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aphicha Phawapaphawin
Thailand
Rat Burana
Bangkok
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any victim? please show me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We found that, given the characters could restructure their decks from the previous scenario in preparation (as much combat and healing as possible...) we were in no huge danger from the creatures.
Spoiler (click to reveal)
The biggest threat was the need to Bury a card every turn! That makes a more urgent timer than the Blessings deck...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Crawford
United States
Pacifica
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wulf Corbett wrote:
We found that, given the characters could restructure their decks from the previous scenario in preparation (as much combat and healing as possible...) we were in no huge danger from the creatures.

Have you been playing that way, that you could restructure your deck as much as you want (using cards from up to AP 4)? I had never heard that and can't see it in the FAQ, but it would definitely help.

I just played this solo, and was somewhat annoyed by the finale. I guess they wanted to make it more exciting or something, but seriously? All along, there's never been a real danger of characters dying because you could always just wait out the blessing deck and retreat to fight another day. But what are you honestly going to do if your characters die in the last scenario? I guess you're supposed to make a new character, and then either re-play a bunch more scenarios to power him up, and/or try the last scenario again. But it's just not very entertaining to go back through old scenarios. I dunno, I just found it to be an unsatisfying ending to an otherwise very enjoyable journey.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wulf Corbett wrote:
We found that, given the characters could restructure their decks from the previous scenario in preparation (as much combat and healing as possible...)

Between scenarios, it makes a big difference whether or not you look ahead to the next scenario card and location(s) before deciding what to keep or toss. (That's the reconstructing I assume Wulf was referring to).

If you know that the upcoming scenario has only one location, that will affect some choices. If you know that you'll have to bury a card each turn, some items get a lot more valuable. And if you know there are few monsters and no barriers, that helps too.

Our first time through, we didn't look ahead. We survived the eye, but felt we had been blindsided. This time, we looked ahead, but we also remembered some of the details from before. Still, there are some boons we would have tossed a couple scenarios back if we had remembered all the details.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gatchaman wrote:
Wulf Corbett wrote:

Have you been playing that way, that you could restructure your deck as much as you want (using cards from up to AP 4)? I had never heard that and can't see it in the FAQ, but it would definitely help.

One way to interpret what Wulf Corbett wrote above is that you are restructuring character decks using cards you get from deck 6 scenario 4 (Assault on the Pinnacle). This would be any boons picked up during the scenario plus all the loot from the scenario (2 named loot cards plus 1 random card per bane defeated during the scenario). If you defeat a lot of banes during Assault on the Pinnacle, that will give you a bunch of cards to choose from, to restructure your character decks.

I agree with you: there are rules for when and how you can restructure your deck, and they are pretty restrictive. Ordinarily you don't get to pick stuff you want from the box unless you don't have enough cards of the appropriate types as a group of characters to remake your decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.