Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anthony Pham
United States
Whittier
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
First, anyone have good ways of speeding up tracking influence and control?

Second, in my opinion, since Influence and Control is such an important thing, I wish they had chosen to print those values in a larger and more prominent place, such as in the top right of the cards, which is unused right now.

It's literally how you win the game, but it's a tiny part of the cards in the middle left.

I've considered just using the colored chips tokens and keeping them on every dude and deed, but that's kind of a hassle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
This Guy
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I put a stack of blue and a stack of red chips in the middle if the table for each player. So if I have 4I and 3C, I would have a stack of 4 red chips and 3 blue.

The stacks of chips sitting near each other visualizes the difference. I can easily see that my blue stack is higher than my opponent's red stack. Plus, when I take over a 2C deed from him, I can just grab 2 blue chips from his stack and move them to mine. Clink, clink.

It looks cool, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Schutte
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Get some minipoker chips they are perfect size and have a nice heft.

We keep a stack in each players area showing total influence and total control. We update the stack after every move. That way you know if you pass right now will you loose the game. Plus stacks of poker chips next to your ghost rock adds to the flavor of the game. If using the tokens that came in the box you may just want to spread them out for easy counting instead of stacking.

also:
When teaching the game I put chips on dudes and deeds to emphasize they're importance to new players. If a deed has 2 influence to gets 2 chips to help show its importance. In addition to the total stacks in where I keep my ghost rock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dickson
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Having all the relevant info on one side of the card is nice for when you have multiple dudes at a location. You can stack them such that an opponent can look over and see suit, value, bullets and influence on each one, without having to spread them all over the place and possibly get confused as to where they are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You put stacks of poker chips in red/blue in the middle of the table. Typically, put your red next to your opponent's blue for easy comparison.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Jome
United States
Franklin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Vanigan wrote:
First, anyone have good ways of speeding up tracking influence and control?

Poker chips.

Quote:
Second, in my opinion, since Influence and Control is such an important thing, I wish they had chosen to print those values in a larger and more prominent place, such as in the top right of the cards, which is unused right now.

Layout is for fanning them in your hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Jome
United States
Franklin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
dboeren wrote:
You put stacks of poker chips in red/blue in the middle of the table. Typically, put your red next to your opponent's blue for easy comparison.

Often, I only need chips for ghost rock. You can, at any moment, look around the cards in play and simply count the red and blue. It only takes a few seconds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, but you're an experienced player. Having stacks seems to help beginners a lot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Hughes
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm an experienced player with somewhat bad eyesight. I love using poker chips anyway, but the clear information they provide is very helpful. I don't want to win because someone missed seeing something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Woodward
msg tools
I found that if you really need a good aid you can get one of those dual life trackers ultra pro makes for MTG.

One side marks your influence the other marks your control. They only cost $1.99 pick up 2 of them and you can have one for each player. Plus you can print out some art work for doomtown and glue it on there to make it more thematic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.