GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,183 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Agricola Express?

Or a retheme of Star Trader's Luck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nat Levan
United States
Glenside
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Hast ye seen the White Whale?
mbmbmbmbmb
This piqued my interest. A high school friend lives in Ouagadougou. I think she does work with the Peace Corps, but I could be wrong.

Sounds like a very interesting game idea. A good way to turn a lot of standard conventions upside down:

The value of everything is in money, but there isn't any actual money.
Your workers don't work part of the time.
The player wants to make progress, but you have to convince the workers to be motivated.
Instead of a harvest where you have to pay upkeep, a harvest where you make lots of produce, but have nothing to do with it.
Health problems (including STIs) are frequent and birth rates are high, so you have to struggle to keep your family neither too big to feed or too small to work.

I think there's definitely a good game in that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Another possibility is retheming slightly Pocket Civ since this was originally mostly a pen and paper game with some cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Hamrick
United States
Moore
OK
flag msg tools
designer
badge
www.henceforthgame.com
mbmbmbmbmb
My first thought while reading this was that it should be less of a competitive game and more of a co-op. Perhaps a worker placement co-op where people have to agree one what they place the workers on?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Patterson
Germany
Griesheim
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this a game for boardgamers outside Burkina Faso to play, or do you hope to use it to teach the people there useful life lessons through playing the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
II
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
"And wrapped it around the Antho-space / From the Eye of the U on out / Displacement is never felt / If that's where you're at, uh, / It looks like that's that" -- Ed Dorn
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you should consider reading some books or articles on critical ethnographic methodology and try incorporating it into a board game...cooperative, or storytelling. It would be an interesting experiment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.