Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
51 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

Zombicide Season 3: Rue Morgue» Forums » General

Subject: How much is your shipping for S3? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ROBERTO M
Mexico
Puerto Vallarta
Jalisco
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I just received the pledge manager and instead of the promised $11.00 to ship in the USA, they pretend to charge me $17.22. A 56.5% increase to ship to California.
I pledged $100.00 plus 3 extra characters for a total of $130.00.

Do you have any similar situation?

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Renwick
United States
Medina
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine is $11.11 for the $150 pledge, mustache pack, 7 $10 addons and the token pack. Still debating on adding the 3d doors

Im in Ohio, so much closer to their Atlanta distribution center than California.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Zaghis
Italy
Sesto San Giovanni
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
TOO MANY GAMES FOR A SINGLE LIFE.. I'll have to consider undeath...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Patient 0 with all characters and guest boxes to Italy: $32.66
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Tjarks
United States
Crowley
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
15 for Infected and a bunch added on after.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Dedeaux
United States
Fontana
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeez, most of you got off lucky. My shipping was $23 to CA. I don't think I put my money where I originally wanted, because I ended up only paying $3 for the shipping cost shake

On a side note, are those special character boxes available outside of this order system? I may want one, but don't want to shell out the $20 now...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Caldas
Brazil
Sao Paulo
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Patient 0 with all the characters, guest boxes and the compendium book to Brazil: $116
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
2 patient 0, and one of every new survivor plus a box of crows ships to Ohio for $26.

If I drop the second patient 0, it drops to $11.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joanna G
United States
Laguna Niguel
CA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
$21.60 to california for patient 0, mustache pack, compendium, ultimate survivors, and all 7 add-on survivors.

seems as far as the continental states go, california got a lot crappier deal. i'm not happy with the double the estimate shipping, but for all the stretch goal goodies thrown in, it's still at least worth it. i feel awful for some of the international backers like brazil and a number of asian countries, they are getting screwed with shipping. it's one thing if you know actually what you are paying ahead of time, but i'm sure a lot of people would have thought twice about backing if they knew what they're actual shipping costs would be.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Leslie
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
swgod98 wrote:
Jeez, most of you got off lucky. My shipping was $23 to CA. I don't think I put my money where I originally wanted, because I ended up only paying $3 for the shipping cost shake

On a side note, are those special character boxes available outside of this order system? I may want one, but don't want to shell out the $20 now...

Which special character boxes? The Guest Artist packs will be available for retail at some later date. All the individual character add ons and the mustache pack are Kickstarter exclusives, though. It's either get them now through the pledge manager, or get them through ebay if you want them later. There will be more of the new exclusive produced and likely on the secondary market than season 2 or especially season 1 exclusives, especially if Season 3 backers see the high prices for season 1 exclusives and get extras to sell.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Leslie
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oregon seems to be about on par with California for shipping costs. I'm paying $24 for a Patient Zero with all the new guest artist packs, add on survivors, Crowz, tokens and doors.
Clearly I'd rather pay $10 something, but it's really not that bad all things considered.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
To Missouri for me was $15.33. That includes the Rue Morgue, Angry Neighbors and all the promo characters. I also on a whim tossed in the Kevin Walker Guest Box. Considering all that I'm getting that is actually a bit cheaper shipping wise than I was expecting. I was expecting more along the lines of $25.

As a person who owns their own business and ships a lot overseas I understand the frustration a lot of the international buyers are experiencing. I'm seeing on the comments section people in Germany paying $11 for shipping (seems that's where they will originate from in Europe) while someone in Greece is paying like $119. A lot of folks will then pay customs on top of that. So I completely understand the sticker shock and reaction of many of the folks.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
horfrost3 wrote:
i feel awful for some of the international backers like brazil and a number of asian countries, they are getting screwed with shipping. it's one thing if you know actually what you are paying ahead of time, but i'm sure a lot of people would have thought twice about backing if they knew what they're actual shipping costs would be.

I'm sure CMON will happily refund their, and anyone else's, pledge if they're unhappy with the shipping costs.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joanna G
United States
Laguna Niguel
CA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
horfrost3 wrote:
i feel awful for some of the international backers like brazil and a number of asian countries, they are getting screwed with shipping. it's one thing if you know actually what you are paying ahead of time, but i'm sure a lot of people would have thought twice about backing if they knew what they're actual shipping costs would be.

I'm sure CMON will happily refund their, and anyone else's, pledge if they're unhappy with the shipping costs.


I'm sure they will too, but that's not really the point I was trying to make. Backers went in with rough estimates for shipping, got invested and excited about the project, and are now faced with a difficult decision - pay double what they were expecting to pay (which for some is more than the amount they are pledging) or abandon the project that they invested time, interest, and support in. I think they are right to feel frustrated and angry.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Curtis
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
2x Game - all new Guest Boxes - 2x add-on chars

$27 to NJ
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
horfrost3 wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
horfrost3 wrote:
i feel awful for some of the international backers like brazil and a number of asian countries, they are getting screwed with shipping. it's one thing if you know actually what you are paying ahead of time, but i'm sure a lot of people would have thought twice about backing if they knew what they're actual shipping costs would be.

I'm sure CMON will happily refund their, and anyone else's, pledge if they're unhappy with the shipping costs.


I'm sure they will too, but that's not really the point I was trying to make. Backers went in with rough estimates for shipping, got invested and excited about the project, and are now faced with a difficult decision - pay double what they were expecting to pay (which for some is more than the amount they are pledging) or abandon the project that they invested time, interest, and support in. I think they are right to feel frustrated and angry.

There is nothing to feel frustrated and/or angry about.

That some would be faced with a difficult decision was clear from the information given during the KS.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rupp
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
horfrost3 wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
horfrost3 wrote:
i feel awful for some of the international backers like brazil and a number of asian countries, they are getting screwed with shipping. it's one thing if you know actually what you are paying ahead of time, but i'm sure a lot of people would have thought twice about backing if they knew what they're actual shipping costs would be.

I'm sure CMON will happily refund their, and anyone else's, pledge if they're unhappy with the shipping costs.


I'm sure they will too, but that's not really the point I was trying to make. Backers went in with rough estimates for shipping, got invested and excited about the project, and are now faced with a difficult decision - pay double what they were expecting to pay (which for some is more than the amount they are pledging) or abandon the project that they invested time, interest, and support in. I think they are right to feel frustrated and angry.


Not to mention that we're paying more for the same product than we have in the past. With season 2 I didn't have to pay a dime for shipping. With season 3 I'm shelling out $10-20 (but the pledge amounts didn't change) so I'm effectively paying $10-20 more.

I knew about it beforehand, but it's not something I'm happy about.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rrrrupp wrote:
horfrost3 wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
horfrost3 wrote:
i feel awful for some of the international backers like brazil and a number of asian countries, they are getting screwed with shipping. it's one thing if you know actually what you are paying ahead of time, but i'm sure a lot of people would have thought twice about backing if they knew what they're actual shipping costs would be.

I'm sure CMON will happily refund their, and anyone else's, pledge if they're unhappy with the shipping costs.


I'm sure they will too, but that's not really the point I was trying to make. Backers went in with rough estimates for shipping, got invested and excited about the project, and are now faced with a difficult decision - pay double what they were expecting to pay (which for some is more than the amount they are pledging) or abandon the project that they invested time, interest, and support in. I think they are right to feel frustrated and angry.


Not to mention that we're paying more for the same product than we have in the past. With season 2 I didn't have to pay a dime for shipping. With season 3 I'm shelling out $10-20 (but the pledge amounts didn't change) so I'm effectively paying $10-20 more.

I knew about it beforehand, but it's not something I'm happy about.

I don't know about you, but I'm paying more for just about everything, from basic necessities up, than I was a year ago.

It's called inflation.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rupp
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
horfrost3 wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
horfrost3 wrote:
i feel awful for some of the international backers like brazil and a number of asian countries, they are getting screwed with shipping. it's one thing if you know actually what you are paying ahead of time, but i'm sure a lot of people would have thought twice about backing if they knew what they're actual shipping costs would be.

I'm sure CMON will happily refund their, and anyone else's, pledge if they're unhappy with the shipping costs.


I'm sure they will too, but that's not really the point I was trying to make. Backers went in with rough estimates for shipping, got invested and excited about the project, and are now faced with a difficult decision - pay double what they were expecting to pay (which for some is more than the amount they are pledging) or abandon the project that they invested time, interest, and support in. I think they are right to feel frustrated and angry.

There is nothing to feel frustrated and/or angry about.

That some would be faced with a difficult decision was clear from the information given during the KS.


They have plenty to be frustrated about. They were told shipping would be $50-60 and it ends up being double that. For people on a limited budget, that's a real concern. Especially because they pledged for x amount based on how much money they thought they had available using the shipping estimate.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Derbyshire
United Kingdom
Norton Mandeville
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't finalised my order but for a Patient 0 and a small number of extras it's looking around $27 to UK.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rupp
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
rrrrupp wrote:
horfrost3 wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
horfrost3 wrote:
i feel awful for some of the international backers like brazil and a number of asian countries, they are getting screwed with shipping. it's one thing if you know actually what you are paying ahead of time, but i'm sure a lot of people would have thought twice about backing if they knew what they're actual shipping costs would be.

I'm sure CMON will happily refund their, and anyone else's, pledge if they're unhappy with the shipping costs.


I'm sure they will too, but that's not really the point I was trying to make. Backers went in with rough estimates for shipping, got invested and excited about the project, and are now faced with a difficult decision - pay double what they were expecting to pay (which for some is more than the amount they are pledging) or abandon the project that they invested time, interest, and support in. I think they are right to feel frustrated and angry.


Not to mention that we're paying more for the same product than we have in the past. With season 2 I didn't have to pay a dime for shipping. With season 3 I'm shelling out $10-20 (but the pledge amounts didn't change) so I'm effectively paying $10-20 more.

I knew about it beforehand, but it's not something I'm happy about.

I don't know about you, but I'm paying more for just about everything, from basic necessities up, than I was a year ago.

It's called inflation.


Come on Scott. There's a difference between inflation and a practice of shifting their shipping costs onto their customers. Do you honestly think they're charging for shipping because of inflation instead of wanting to make more money?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Dedeaux
United States
Fontana
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Coyotenomad wrote:
swgod98 wrote:
Jeez, most of you got off lucky. My shipping was $23 to CA. I don't think I put my money where I originally wanted, because I ended up only paying $3 for the shipping cost shake

On a side note, are those special character boxes available outside of this order system? I may want one, but don't want to shell out the $20 now...

Which special character boxes? The Guest Artist packs will be available for retail at some later date. All the individual character add ons and the mustache pack are Kickstarter exclusives, though. It's either get them now through the pledge manager, or get them through ebay if you want them later. There will be more of the new exclusive produced and likely on the secondary market than season 2 or especially season 1 exclusives, especially if Season 3 backers see the high prices for season 1 exclusives and get extras to sell.


You answered my question (the Artist packs). Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rrrrupp wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
rrrrupp wrote:
horfrost3 wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
horfrost3 wrote:
i feel awful for some of the international backers like brazil and a number of asian countries, they are getting screwed with shipping. it's one thing if you know actually what you are paying ahead of time, but i'm sure a lot of people would have thought twice about backing if they knew what they're actual shipping costs would be.

I'm sure CMON will happily refund their, and anyone else's, pledge if they're unhappy with the shipping costs.


I'm sure they will too, but that's not really the point I was trying to make. Backers went in with rough estimates for shipping, got invested and excited about the project, and are now faced with a difficult decision - pay double what they were expecting to pay (which for some is more than the amount they are pledging) or abandon the project that they invested time, interest, and support in. I think they are right to feel frustrated and angry.


Not to mention that we're paying more for the same product than we have in the past. With season 2 I didn't have to pay a dime for shipping. With season 3 I'm shelling out $10-20 (but the pledge amounts didn't change) so I'm effectively paying $10-20 more.

I knew about it beforehand, but it's not something I'm happy about.

I don't know about you, but I'm paying more for just about everything, from basic necessities up, than I was a year ago.

It's called inflation.


Come on Scott. There's a difference between inflation and a practice of shifting their shipping costs onto their customers. Do you honestly think they're charging for shipping because of inflation instead of wanting to make more money?


Then stop being their customer.

It's pretty simple really.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rrrrupp wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
rrrrupp wrote:
horfrost3 wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
horfrost3 wrote:
i feel awful for some of the international backers like brazil and a number of asian countries, they are getting screwed with shipping. it's one thing if you know actually what you are paying ahead of time, but i'm sure a lot of people would have thought twice about backing if they knew what they're actual shipping costs would be.

I'm sure CMON will happily refund their, and anyone else's, pledge if they're unhappy with the shipping costs.


I'm sure they will too, but that's not really the point I was trying to make. Backers went in with rough estimates for shipping, got invested and excited about the project, and are now faced with a difficult decision - pay double what they were expecting to pay (which for some is more than the amount they are pledging) or abandon the project that they invested time, interest, and support in. I think they are right to feel frustrated and angry.


Not to mention that we're paying more for the same product than we have in the past. With season 2 I didn't have to pay a dime for shipping. With season 3 I'm shelling out $10-20 (but the pledge amounts didn't change) so I'm effectively paying $10-20 more.

I knew about it beforehand, but it's not something I'm happy about.

I don't know about you, but I'm paying more for just about everything, from basic necessities up, than I was a year ago.

It's called inflation.


Come on Scott. There's a difference between inflation and a practice of shifting their shipping costs onto their customers. Do you honestly think they're charging for shipping because of inflation instead of wanting to make more money?

It's partly inflation - inflation in one specific sector of the economy - the postal service sector.

And, no, I don't think it's about making more money - they were subsidising the shipping cost to a large extent previously, so I think it's about not losing money.

Do you think they're making money on shipping now?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rrrrupp wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
horfrost3 wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
horfrost3 wrote:
i feel awful for some of the international backers like brazil and a number of asian countries, they are getting screwed with shipping. it's one thing if you know actually what you are paying ahead of time, but i'm sure a lot of people would have thought twice about backing if they knew what they're actual shipping costs would be.

I'm sure CMON will happily refund their, and anyone else's, pledge if they're unhappy with the shipping costs.


I'm sure they will too, but that's not really the point I was trying to make. Backers went in with rough estimates for shipping, got invested and excited about the project, and are now faced with a difficult decision - pay double what they were expecting to pay (which for some is more than the amount they are pledging) or abandon the project that they invested time, interest, and support in. I think they are right to feel frustrated and angry.

There is nothing to feel frustrated and/or angry about.

That some would be faced with a difficult decision was clear from the information given during the KS.


They have plenty to be frustrated about. They were told shipping would be $50-60 and it ends up being double that.

No.

We were all given the same information.

1. That final shipping costs would be actual shipping cost.
2. That it would therefor be based on the size and weight of the items pledged for.
3. That figures given were nothing more than an estimate.

It was absolutely clear that for many it would be more than estimated, and for some significantly so.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Wilhelmi
Germany
Husum
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Patient Zero with lots of extras = $10.63 to Germany.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.