Smash Up» Forums » Variants

Subject: We need to fill that geeky box. It's BIG. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wim D
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seeing all the space that is left in the big geeky box, I started thinking about what other expansions could be made.
One that came to mind quickly was: The Obligatory Tolkien/LotR Set.

I started playing with some ideas for it, and in the end I designed 4 full factions. I'll share them here, so people can comment on them.

My own remarks:
- I don't think they're done yet. They weren't playtested, and I presume they might change some during playtesting. Some things just might not work once you play with them.
- I'm not very gifted when it comes to graphical design or using graphical tools, so there is no artwork, but if someone likes these and wants to make artwork and print them out to use them, feel free to do so.

# Name type (- power) ability
Goblins
10 Goblin skirmisher Minion - 1 You may play an extra minion here
3 Goblin drummer Minion - 2 Reveal cards from the top of your deck equal to the number of minions you have here. Put all revealed minions in your hand and shuffle the other cards back into your deck.
2 Goblin catapult Minion - 3 Destroy one of your minions here to destroy a minion at another base
1 Goblin king Minion - 4 All your minions gain +1 power until end of turn.
1 Goblin feast Action All your minions gain +1 power until end of turn.
1 Hail to the king Action Choose a base where you have 3 or more minions. Search your deck for a Goblin minion and play it as an extra minion here. Shuffle your deck.
1 Proclaim a new king Action Destroy one of your minions. Play a goblin minion from your discard pile as an extra minion.
1 Goblin war cry Action Special: play before a base scores: play a minion on that base.

Elves
4 Swift elf Minion - 2 Ongoing: At the start of your turn, move Swift Elf to another base.
3 Elven archer Minion - 3 Ongoing: Reduce the breakpoint of this base by 1
1 Galadriel Minion - 5 Talent: Choose a player. Look at the top card of his/her deck. You may put it at the bottom of their deck.
1 Elrond Minion - 5 Ongoing/special: before this base scores, you may move Elrond to another base
1 Vilya Action Play on a minion. Your minions here are not affected by other players’ minion abilities.
1 Nenya Action Play on a minion. Your minions here are not affected by other players’ actions.
1 Light of Valinor Action Play on a minion. Special: after this base scores, return this minion to it’s owner’s hand.
1 Glorfindel’s legacy Action Play on a base. Ongoing: Reduce the breakpoint of this base by the number of minions on this base.
2 Elven longbow Action Return a minion you control to it’s owner’s hand. Destroy a minion with power less than the returned minion's power.
2 Elven cloak Action Special: play when a minion you control is affected by another player’s card. Return that minion to you hand.
2 Swift stride Action Play an extra minion.
1 Harmony Action Choose a player with more VP than you. That player loses 1 VP and you gain 1 VP.

Dwarves
4 Sturdy dwarf Minion - 2 Ongoing: This minion cannot be moved or returned to it’s owner’s hand.
3 Axe wielder Minion - 3 You may destroy a minion of power 2 or up to 2 minions of power 1 on this base.
2 Dwarven miner Minion - 3 Ongoing: At the start of your turn, place a +1 power counter on this minion.
1 Dain Ironfoot Minion - 5 Talent: Discard a card to place a +1 power counter on a minion.
1 Mithril coat Action Play on a minion. This minion cannot be destroyed.
2 Mining Action Place a +1 power counter on a minion and draw one card.
1 Durin’s Legacy Action Play on a base. Ongoing: If you have at least one minion at this base, draw a card at the start of your turn.
1 Double bladed axe Action Destroy a minion of power 2 or up to 2 minions of power 1
1 Thror’s map Action Play on a base. Ongoing: at the start of your turn, gain 1 VP and destroy this action.
1 Thror’s key Action Play on a base. Ongoing: at the start of your turn, place two +1 power counters on a minion here and destroy this action.
2 Low ceilings Action Play on a base. Ongoing: Other players’ minions here have -1 power.
1 Dragon hoard Action Remove all +1 power tokens from minions you control. Destroy a minion with power less than the number of tokens you removed.

Hobbits
4 Envoy Minion - 2 Move one minion from another base to here.
3 Pipe-smoking hobbit Minion - 2 Ongoing: When another minion moves to here, this minion gains +2 power until end of turn.
2 Feasting hobbit Minion - 2 Ongoing: When another minion moves to here, draw a card.
1 Bilbo Baggins Minion - 2 Talent: Take control of an action played on a minion or a base and move it to this minion or this base.
1 Second Breakfast Action Two minions each get +2 power until end of turn. Special: play this action before a base scores
2 Party invitation Action Move a minion to a base where you have a minion.
2 Pipe-weed Action Play an extra minion and move a minion from another base to the extra minion’s base.
1 Magical Backpack Action Play an action from your discard pile as an extra action.
1 Hobbit courage Action Choose a minion you control. Draw cards equal to it’s power. If that minion has 3 or more power, return it to your hand.
1 Gandalf’s Fireworks Action All minions with a printed power of 2 or less gain +2 power until end of turn. (this includes your opponents’ minions)
1 Sharing a meal Action Choose a base where you have a minion. Place a +1 power counter on all minions there. (this includes your opponents’ minions)
1 111th birthday party Action Play up to 3 extra minions with power 2 or less.

Bases
Breakpoint Name Scores Ability
25 Great King’s Cavern 5 -- 3 -- 2 After you play a minion here, if you have 3 or more minions here, you may draw a card.
16 Gundabad 0 -- 0 -- 0 When you play a minion here, gain 1 VP.
28 Rivendell 4 -- 3 -- 2 Minions here have +1 power.
20 Lothlorien 4 -- 2 -- 1 Minions with power 4 or greater cannot be played here.
23 Khazad-dum 5 -- 3 -- 1 Minions here cannot move or be returned to players’s hands or decks.
19 Erebor 2 -- 3 -- 1 The winner may place a +1 power counter on all of his minions at other bases.
22 Old tavern 1 -- 3 -- 1 When you play a minion here, move a minion from another base to here.
14 Bag End 4 -- 3 -- 1 At the start of your turn, return all your minions here with power 3 or greater to your hand.

That's it. Comment please.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Rhoen
Netherlands
flag msg tools
10 Goblin skirmisher Minion - 1 You may play an extra minion here

maybe add a power restriction to the extra summoned minion, like a 'zapbot'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim D
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The skirmisher is only power 1. So it's more like the microbots that allow for another play.
But indeed, no restriction might be cause for trouble. I'll take it into account.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Gameson
United Kingdom
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Woot woot!!!!! Gotta admit, I love this

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Roy
United States
Woodside
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Munchkin smash up is supposed to be a future expansion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Adams
msg tools
mb
Wondering if these were ever tested. Would like to make these factions too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.