Kārlis Jēriņš
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
I'm a sheep.
badge
A lovely, fluffy sheep.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played a few games a couple of hours ago, and there were two questions we couldn't immediately figure out to.

1) Can the Navy objective Deploy the Fleet be activated multiple times to reduce the cost of a card by more than 1? I'm leaning towards yes, given that the card does not specify any limitations and the text isn't "play a Capital Ship, paying 1 resource less than its cost".

2) When playing as Jedi, I had Valley of the Jedi in play, without any focus tokens on it, and I won the Force struggle and wanted to play My Ally Is The Force, to clear the field a bit. Am I allowed to play My Ally first, pay for it with Valley of the Jedi, and then use its reaction to winning the Force struggle and remove one focus token? I'm leaning towards yes, given what the FAQ says about multiple reactions to an event, but my opponent didn't think so, so for the moment we ruled that it wasn't allowed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett
United States
Laredo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Yes, you can. Each time you do it takes another action (so your opponent gets a chance to use an action like Rebel Assault after each damage token you place) but it creates an effect that lasts until the end of the phase or until you play a capital ship.

2) Since both Valley of the Jedi and My Ally is the Force react to the same trigger (winning a Force Struggle) you can choose which reaction to trigger first. So you can wipe the board and then remove a focus token from Valley of the Jedi.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kārlis Jēriņš
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
I'm a sheep.
badge
A lovely, fluffy sheep.
mbmbmbmbmb
Budgernaut wrote:
1) Yes, you can. Each time you do it takes another action (so your opponent gets a chance to use an action like Rebel Assault after each damage token you place) but it creates an effect that lasts until the end of the phase or until you play a capital ship.

And what if my opponent did play Rebel Assault after I'd activated Deploy and destroyed it? Would I still get the discount or, since the objective is gone, no discount for me? (this didn't actually happen; purely hypothetical)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett
United States
Laredo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You would retain the bonus. You just couldn't get any further discounts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kārlis Jēriņš
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
I'm a sheep.
badge
A lovely, fluffy sheep.
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, cool. Thanks for all your help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.