Scot Eaton
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GameWright has won me over with their customer service, and I wanted to post it here. I bought Forbidden Desert at GenCon, and it was missing one of the tiles. They immediately shipped a new one, and for my trouble, packaged in Forbidden Desert: Storm Tracker Gear Card, the promo card, as an apology. I haven't received service like that in a long time. Good job, GameWright!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Virginia M.P.
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got the bonus Storm Tracker card too, for similar reasons (my copy was missing a game piece and I called GameWright for a replacement).
Nice letter and great service!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Richardson
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh that's cool to hear, I actually JUST messaged them about 5 minutes ago after realizing that I'm missing the clips to keep track of cards and storm tracker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branden Sprenger
United States
Collinsville
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My game had three clue tiles for the Sun Dial and only one for the Engine block. I sent them an email at like 7:30 in the morning and they replied within the hour saying they were going to replace it.

These guys are awesome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Is this the dark side? Someone mentioned cookies.
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't have any missing pieces, but I did have quality issues; several of the tiles were marked on the desert side, some were splitting at the sides. Some of the marking was not too bad, but it was enough to affect gameplay on several. Also, the storm tracker card was splitting, and the engine was bent on one corner and wouldn't fit in the ship... Didn't affect gameplay, but really annoying!

When I contacted them a couple weeks before Christmas they warned me they wouldn't be able to get replacement pieces out until after the Christmas rush. Fair enough.

This week I got the replacement package... They sent me the whole game. Impressed, and rather stunned.

(Now what am I supposed to do with the first copy?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Law
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a marked tile (vertical propeller clue). I contacted Gamewright customer service and they sent me a new tile no questions asked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Ligon
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's really good to know. I just got the game and I noticed a marked tile as I was unpacking it. It's not really affecting game play yet, but it was annoying to see. Plus, after playing the game just 3 times some of the storm cards are getting bent / split corners. Shouldn't you be able to shuffle cards without them getting like that instantly? (might just have to sleeve them)
Regardless, I am so happy to know that Game Wright is aces with customer service and I can get these issues addressed so I can keep enjoying this incredible game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.